PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Lee K is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Are You Stickng With Stock Roms Or Flashing?

I tried the Energy Rom and the Juicy rom is what I'm on now. I wish I would have never flashed.

Such a waste of time getting all excited about it and it's honestly no better. Especially since I use Mobile Shell 3.5.

HUGE fonts in the SMS messaging now with 6.5 that can't seem to be turned down. The thing STILL says I have texts until I press on each text like the stock rom (something I thought would have been fixed with 6.5).

So disappointed.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Im on stock for now. It seems to work quite well.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 11-01-2009, 08:12 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

I cant help but laugh at stock being better. I will never go back to stock.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulas View Post
I flashed to 6.5, but then later last night went back to 6.1 and couldn't be happier. I faced the same delimna with the Touch diamand and made the same decision.

I TOTALLYYYYYY Agree
nothing is snappier than WM6.1 after tweaks
Old 11-01-2009, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lallen3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by arayba View Post
Im going to be honest i love my LEO energy rom no issues at all except for the MMS thats it everything else is sweet awesome battery life and over all one of the best !!!

all the extra features that are in the manila 2.5 are just awesome and you see its the little things like that that amazes me ha ha ah anyways yes im happy with my rom and im going to stick to it

Hope this MMs issue gets solved though
MMS aside, what features do you really like the most in 2.5? I am running Mighty which is a 2.1 as I understand it. I don't imagine losing landscape support would be good, considering how much I use the hardware keyboard. Is it mainly the customizable home screen? How does it compare to mobile shell 3.5?
Old 11-01-2009, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lallen3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I cant help but laugh at stock being better. I will never go back to stock.
I agree. After running Mighty Rom, it's a totally different phone. It's sleek looking and the device as a WHOLE seems much more classy/high-end. I am not going back to stock either. I think most people who don't like the custom ROMs are the ones who don't want to take the time to (or lack the skills to) tweak all the settings to optimize performance. JMHO.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I am going to my tweaked Stock ROM for now ! until the cooked ROMs are mature enough and bug free , to flash .
and I am also looking for WM6.1 ROMs , 6.1 is FAAAAAAAAAAAAASTER
Old 11-01-2009, 08:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2 CDMA verizon
Carrier: Verizon

arayba is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lallen3 View Post
MMS aside, what features do you really like the most in 2.5? I am running Mighty which is a 2.1 as I understand it. I don't imagine losing landscape support would be good, considering how much I use the hardware keyboard. Is it mainly the customizable home screen? How does it compare to mobile shell 3.5?
Honestly i have no issues with sms messaging with the hardware keyboard along with being able to go on the net with the hardware keyboard

the home screen is awesome Its soo alive and truly you can make it FOR YOU !!!

No questions ask i love this rom and will never change back ITS too Sweet

Rock on To the LEO energy rom
Old 11-01-2009, 10:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

skeptikal is keeping up the good workskeptikal is keeping up the good work

I gotta say...I said earlier that I wasn't any happier with the roms i had flashed and i had flashed most of them. However, I just flashed Energy ROM Leo the "unstable" version of that one with 6.5.1 and it is such a change that I am in love with it. FTW

BTW, I just sent two MMS' after applying the fix from the NRG FAQ and i just heard my wife's texts come in...havent checked to see if they worked or not.
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. " -- The Books of Bokonon

---------------------------------------------------
Old 11-01-2009, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, Mogul, Touch Pro, Touch pro 2, EVO 4G, EVO3D
Carrier: sprint

madcowmilau is becoming a great contributor

keeping it stock, the custom ones were way too buggy. cant be bothered with their bugs, purchased phone for it to work not for a bug infested custom rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2