PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & Evo
Carrier: Sprint

mark.wayne is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ActiveSync (Windows Media Player gaf?) = "Oops?" or "Oops!"

Greetings!

Perhaps someone can give me some insight here regarding my stock TP2 phone:

Long story:

I was cleaning up some stuff on my phone last night and had it connected to my laptop using ActiveSync, as I am on Windows XP. In the past, I normally had it connect, but never really went through the setup process - more or less just essentially navigating to the phone's folder via Explorer.

In any case, I went ahead and continued getting it setup properly when I noticed that under ActiveSync, there's a "Windows Media Player" synchronization option that suggested that I setup sync through Windows Media Player.

Under Windows Media Player, I went through the steps of setting up Sync and saw my phone listed on the right. Initially, it was blank. Then afterwards, when I was conducting a sync, all sorts of folders had popped up.

I was presuming that it was syncing my laptop's information to my phone, because suddenly my phone's device memory was essentially filled up!

So I ended up clearing that stuff out under Windows Media Player, as I recognized some media files that were being pushed to my phone were from my laptop.

In any case, after I had conducted a sync, I noticed that my phone (using the Today screen) has that teal background and that I can no longer enter the 'Settings' menu.

Oops?

Admittedly, I am a bit perplexed by what may have transpired here. I presume I'd have to do a hard reset to restore functionality?

Short story:

I think I may have wiped my device by accident while deleting folders listed under Windows Media Player during ActiveSync, which probably included critical files.

Oops!

I'm guessing the only way I can restore access to my settings would be via a hard reset?
Old 10-30-2009, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Veezy

wodurrah is becoming a great contributor
Re: ActiveSync (Windows Media Player gaf?) = "Oops?" or "Oops!"

Yea thats exactly what you did. I've done it before...copy your pim.vol and just do a hard reset on your device. Tell you the truth I do a hard reset every month just to keep my device moving swiflty.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mark.wayne is just getting started
Re: ActiveSync (Windows Media Player gaf?) = "Oops?" or "Oops!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodurrah View Post
Yea thats exactly what you did. I've done it before...copy your pim.vol and just do a hard reset on your device. Tell you the truth I do a hard reset every month just to keep my device moving swiflty.
Ah, okay then! Must appreciate the advice regarding the pim.vol - I feel like such a fool!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2