PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

darylrue is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Begginner help please with trying a rom...

I did this with my treo pro, unlocked spl, flashed with cfay treo pro all from cfay documentation. restored it about a week later though. how do I unlock spl so I can try one of these roms I donwloaded?

Is that a soft spl, I cant find it anywhere.

Is a hard spl going to make it so you don't have to revert back in forth to go from stock roms, etc.. or is there no spl unlocker at all?

if someone could point me to a soft spl unlocker thread I would appreicate it. If it exists. I did search spl unlocker and the rom threads and I do not see any links. Maybe I need to search outside this forum. Any other forums I should try?

Thanks.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Begginner help please with trying a rom...

First post what phone you have. All I see is Treo proc.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

You need the HSPL (Hard SPL) to unlock the phone to be able to flash to the custom ROMs. It's not out yet, so no flashing as of yet. Believe me, when it's out you'll get full instructions on how to use it on the posts, and there will be plenty of assistance as long as everyone doesn't kill each other waiting for the HSPL to drop!!

I assumed a TP2 btw, as it's in the TP2 forum, but I may be wrong...
Old 10-30-2009, 11:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

darylrue is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus_cruz View Post
First post what phone you have. All I see is Treo proc.

touch pro 2 sprint
Old 10-30-2009, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

darylrue is a n00b

ok so no one is flashing roms? then why does elite post one today? how are they getting the screen shots etc...
Old 10-30-2009, 11:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

People are testing out the HSPL
Old 10-30-2009, 11:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

They have the unlocker, it just hasn't been released to the public yet...
Old 10-30-2009, 11:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep

they are getting their roms ready for the upcoming release! everybody is hoping today!! the screenshots are done through an emulator
Old 10-30-2009, 11:45 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdauria View Post
they are getting their roms ready for the upcoming release! everybody is hoping today!! the screenshots are done through an emulator
wrong, there real.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

darylrue is a n00b

ok I guess I am not as dumb as I thought, at least from this one. If anyone else reads this that cares, my ultimate configuration would have a fully packed initial screen (today agenda - with upcoming appointments for today in small fonts so I can see my agenda and where at a glance, weather, notification of emails unread in multple email accounts) with options to slide through other screens. my 65.treo pro would not do it with default today plugin so I restored back to original. Maybe I could do this with secondtoday and keep 6.5 default? I do not need 30% of the screen telling me what day it is for example. that in my mind should be in the bar accross the top of the screen with the time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2