PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: sprint

ericmcintire is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
battery problem.. constantly over 300 mA discharge... Program to monitor battery use?

Sorry, I've searched and I know I'm not supposed to start new threads but I can't seem to find anything like my problem... I have a Sprint Touch Pro 2, I returned my first one because of the same problem but I'm beginning to think it's something I've done since it's happening on this one as well. I installed the pimp package, the cleanup tweaks, facebook, twitter and bing. When I check the discharge rate at any given time it's over 300 mA.. Is there any way to see what programs are running beyond just the little tab at the top right? Also, If i charge my battery fully and leave the phone unplugged over night, it's completely dead by the time I wake up, so something must be causing the drain. Any suggestions would be greatly apprecaited and I'm sorry if I wasn't supposed to ask this question or create a new topic.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:16 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: battery problem.. constantly over 300 mA discharge... Program to monitor battery

S2u2?
Old 10-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

gibwar is a n00b
Re: battery problem.. constantly over 300 mA discharge... Program to monitor battery

This is just a random guess but out of all those extra things you installed, did you install the tweak to keep WiFi on when the phone is in standby? Having the WiFi on like that can really kill the battery.

The other usual suspect is your signal strength and whether your phone is entering analog roam (can the TP2 do analog? I've only had mine for a couple days). So, if you can, try to keep your phone in an area with good coverage. With my old Vogue leaving the phone on my belt would kill it within a couple hours at work, whereas leaving it on my desk about three feet away (closer to the window, I'm in a basement) had the battery at 70% at the end of the day.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

There are more advanced task managers out there that will allow you to see everything that is running, i think dotFred is one of them? Someone correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

The Wifi thing sounds like it might be the culprit... how would I check for that? is it included in the touchprotweaks that is stickied or the pimp package? Also, looking for "dotfred" will try it and see if I can find the culprit.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

ntl555 is becoming a great contributor

I was having the same exact problem. I had wifi off and my memory running at 50% and still had a 330+ mA battery drain. Even though my S2U2 is the newer version, I read in the past that the S2U2 was the culprit for battery drain issues. I basically just tried to default all the settings on S2U2 and it went from 330+ mA to 200 mA instantly without any other changes. Hope this helps.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I don't have the s2u2 Just to get a good gauge... what mA drainage are you all getting on average after a fresh reboot, and can you keep your phones unplugged all night without being dead in the morning?
Old 10-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

If I charge my phone and leave it off all night with nothing running in the background I am usually in the high 80s still in the morning... the standby drain mgmt is so much better on the TP2 than the TP1 it is night and day...I'd look into wifi...highly doubt it's S2U2..I use the new one and the drain is hardly noticeable for such a nice program honestly...
Old 10-29-2009, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ntl555 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_c_s View Post
If I charge my phone and leave it off all night with nothing running in the background I am usually in the high 80s still in the morning... the standby drain mgmt is so much better on the TP2 than the TP1 it is night and day...I'd look into wifi...highly doubt it's S2U2..I use the new one and the drain is hardly noticeable for such a nice program honestly...
Even though I read the newest S2U2 had no problems, i tried it anyways. I figured it didnt hurt. It fixed my problem, so I actually don't know. It's such a great app too I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmcintire View Post
I don't have the s2u2 Just to get a good gauge... what mA drainage are you all getting on average after a fresh reboot, and can you keep your phones unplugged all night without being dead in the morning?
after a soft reset i was still in the 330+ mA. I would have 90% before i went to bed and wake up with 11% left. That was with only 6 hours of sleep. I have the tweak, bing, twitter, and facebook installed on mines and now running a low 200 mA battery drain. Try decreasing your brightness and possible uninstall some add on's that you may have installed recently.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

My main concern is why is it draining 100% overnight when everything should be off with the exception of the radio?? it feels like when I press the button on the top, there must still be a bunch of stuff running causing the drain... I'm removing tweaks to see if that helps.

Last edited by ericmcintire; 10-29-2009 at 06:03 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2