PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch; HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

xx8josh9xx is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to xx8josh9xx Send a message via Yahoo to xx8josh9xx
Lightbulb The htc tp2 likes/dislikes/issues [sprint]

These are just somethings i like and dont like about the phone.....in general i like the phone...i have some things i dont like about it, and i have some issues.....i know things i dont like can be fixed by modifying my phone and such, I have been looking into this off and on for 2 weeks now. I will get to playing around with my phone, some day. feel free to add what you want or comment.....this might help some people looking to buy this phone or not....

• notifications page (shows all at once)
  • facebook sync to contacts
  • keyboard easy to use, nice lighting, good short cuts
  • comparably fast
  • easy to set up and use wifi
  • the symbols page
  • the keyboard has t9 (because I'm a bad speller)
  • speaker phone (auto on turn over)
  • the 2 microphones to block out background noise (though I havn’t tested)
  • lighted keyboard
  • nice graphics (though sometimes slow to focus)
  • auto focus on camra
don’t
  • websites don’t work as expected (everything is still in mobile view)
  • press power button when texting
  • hard to txt and hold phone when charging
  • gps tells u to exit when u hit the exit sign (when its to late)
  • no detailed battery page (% and time left)
  • also getting a lot of crash errors for programs (not phone crashing)
  • some programs require wifi to be off instead of just pausing or switching to that connection
  • when viewing a messaging and press the call button it takes u to the call screen instead of calling that person
  • when typing and pressing space more than once it creates a .
  • no ctrl button for easy coping
  • cannot highlight stuff to copy easy
  • links in sms don’t always allow u to click
  • phone number on the web don’t allow u to call, any 10 digits number should be highlighted and able to be called (was on the vogue/touch)
  • fm isn’t installed on factory settings
  • the different sms screens (I love the look of the gray one, but the plain one works better, since I live on the border of a time zone….the sent is the time of the phone, and the received is the time of the tower, making them out of order, the plain txt shows them as the order they were received)
  • no translator to write free handed
  • when adding a contact entrances such as b-day and anniversary aren’t "none" by default

• unsure about. the stylist location, and I wish it was magnetic

issues
  • lot of crashing errors
  • cabs I dl don’t work
  • when talking on the phone and the sensor turns on(turning the screen off) it defaults back to the home page ... when backlight turns back on, when I’m still in a call.... (E.g. when calling a 1-800 # and it says press 1, I have to press my talk button because it’s on the home page, then I press keypad, and then one, I have to repeat this process every time I need to enter a number)
  • in notifications, when hitting dismiss all doesn’t always work
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:56 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: The htc tp2 likes/dislikes/issues [sprint]

was there something you needed help with...what is this post about or are you just listing your like and dislikes. If that's the case sometime its better to just write up a whole review on the topic.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you can change mobile view for websites in settings.their is a cab where it wont allow power button to work while keyboard open(personally i got use to not hitting coming from tp1) 10 dogit numbers should work,mines does.also,their is cab to delete the "gray sms"(manilla sms) you just have to search a little bit.look over at touch pro 2 tweeks and hack on the stickies should help alot
Old 10-28-2009, 01:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Jackietreehorn is a n00b

I liked the "like" list for the most part, but don't have many of those issues/problems on the dislike.

One thing I do dislike (entirely software) is that with my old TP, if I checked an incoming SMS while the notification tone was going off, it would cut it off. Not so any more. Even if I check/read it, the entire tone plays (had to shorten it, being 30 seconds long was insanely annoying after a while).
Old 10-28-2009, 01:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touchpro 2
Carrier: sprint

buddy lee is just getting started

.I have a touch pro2

don't

.I didn't have it sooner
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:40 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy lee View Post

.I have a touch pro2

don't

.I didn't have it sooner
I hear that. this thing is what the tp1 should have been.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

John1 is just getting started

Police yourself

1. No curse words. And don't try to fool the Swear Filter.

This includes posts, signatures, images, and avatars. This also includes anything that implies swearing. Anything that breaks this rule may be removed by a staff member with or without warning.
4. Be polite and treat fellow members with respect.

No Flaming anyone, we are all friends. This includes starting threads about a person or an issue. If there is an issue with something, it belongs in PMs, NOT in the public forum. Do not call out people in the forums, this belongs in PMs. If you have an issue with someone, PM a staff member. Unless addressing a matter to a Moderator or Admin do not post a PM received from someone in the forums.
1. Do the right thing.

Do not do anything that would get PPCGeeks in trouble such as posting copyrighted material. Although we may not agree with every takedown notice we receive we have to abide by the The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

13. VIP's

VIP status is something a user has achieved through post count or reputation. As a VIP you are still expected to uphold yourself in the same manner as a regular user. With this status comes more privileges but these privlages and status can be taken away should you do something to warrant the lost of your status/privileges. As a VIP we expect you to serve as a role model and to help and assist your fellow ppcgeek members.
14. Stay on topic and post in the correct forums.

As large as the forum is, it is very helpful to the staff and your fellow members if you post in the correct forum. As threads become off topic it makes it hard for your fellow members to find the information he/she is searching for so be respectful and keep it on topic. If the thread continues to stay off topic a moderator may choose at there discretion to close the thread without warning. All new threads that are created and posted will be moved to the appropriate section by a staff member.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:02 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

Plus show some respect for the vet.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch; HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

xx8josh9xx is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to xx8josh9xx Send a message via Yahoo to xx8josh9xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd4shizy View Post
Deleted by Coz
first off chill out......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
was there something you needed help with...what is this post about or are you just listing your like and dislikes. If that's the case sometime its better to just write up a whole review on the topic.

CW
second, i made this post for feedback almost, if ppl have the same likes, dislikes, if they have the same issues, if they know of a way around some of these, ect. such as the one below.....thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackietreehorn View Post
I liked the "like" list for the most part, but don't have many of those issues/problems on the dislike.

One thing I do dislike (entirely software) is that with my old TP, if I checked an incoming SMS while the notification tone was going off, it would cut it off. Not so any more. Even if I check/read it, the entire tone plays (had to shorten it, being 30 seconds long was insanely annoying after a while).
thanks...

Last edited by CozBoogie; 10-29-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Now Network

sd4shizy is keeping up the good worksd4shizy is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to sd4shizy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
Plus show some respect for the vet.
Yeah, I noticed that subsequent to my post and felt kinda bad. Perhaps that's the culprit.

Still gives no excuse for that sort of down talk or negativity. Sometimes ppl need to be put in their place and it sure as hell seems that it more prominent then ever here at ppc geeks.

But if you guys are with it, let it be known

PS Josh I did that not only for u but for others who ask q's and get shined. not down w/ it bro. it happens here and there, but trust, u should thank me.

Last edited by sd4shizy; 10-28-2009 at 02:09 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2