PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which operates best for you?
Stock TP2. 47 81.03%
Stock TP or Diamond. 1 1.72%
Flashed TP or Diamond. 9 15.52%
There all the same. 1 1.72%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

RonaldReagan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I like my stock ROM! (Is that a bad thing?)

I had a dimond prior to this phone and flashed the rom before I even opened the box The performance of the dimond totally sucked compaired to the TP2.....

I assumed that the TP2 would be horrible without a custom ROM, but I've grown to like to the point that I may be a little hesitant to change it.

How many poeple out there think that the stock TP2 operates better than the similarly equiped stock or flashed counter parts (TP and Diamond)?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

abdeviation is keeping up the good workabdeviation is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

best stock rom for sure
Old 10-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: I like my stock ROM! (Is that a bad thing?)

I don't dislike my phone, but I might, and probably will, like it better with a custom ROM. I can have it look exactly stock, but be faster. I don't know why you would be hesitant for the same
Old 10-27-2009, 06:12 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

The stock ROM gets the job done...

but after all the customs I ran on my TP...and what they were capable of...I'm more than interested to see what can be done with the TP2

so, as soon as the HSPL drops...I'm flashing!!

Old 10-27-2009, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

RonaldReagan is a n00b

I'm not saying I wouldn't flash, especially considering how brilliant the cooks have been... I more than likely will and hopfully one day cook one one up myself to share. Just looking to see how my experiance with the stock rom compairs to others.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:19 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldReagan View Post
I had a dimond prior to this phone and flashed the rom before I even opened the box The performance of the dimond totally sucked compaired to the TP2.....

I assumed that the TP2 would be horrible without a custom ROM, but I've grown to like to the point that I may be a little hesitant to change it.

How many poeple out there think that the stock TP2 operates better than the similarly equiped stock or flashed counter parts (TP and Diamond)?

In my opinion Most custom roms have issues, then when ya finally get the custom rom the way ya like it, theres a update, now ya flash the update that was supposed to fix something or new stuff and theres a new problem... Yes stock aint perfect and has some issues but not as many as most, MOST....

This stock rom is awesome and battery is great, all around a good rom... Ive flashed custom roms on this and all though its fun, back to stock for me, I hate bs issues.

Now im on a official 6.5 rom and I love it..

That being said, Im sure ill end up flashing every once in a while to see if maybe someone got it right, but it quickly reminds me that stock is more stable for me, on the tp2 atleast.

I have had some steller roms, but most are work to get working....
Old 10-27-2009, 06:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

dezoris is becoming a great contributor

Stock ROM on TP2 is better than any ROM I put on the ATT Fuse.
Hesitant to flash to a new one, even for new TF3D crap.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

raptorous_g4 is a n00b

TP2 Sprint Rom with clean up package, HD wall.. various other small tweaks.. Few apps here and there and I'm totally fine with it if not more I'm very impressed. I'll wait for the unlocker patiently. I Went from PPC6700 to PPC6800 to Touch Pro to now what is the best phone I've used to date and can realistically say its up there (damned close) with the iPhone in functionality and OS/GUI friendliness. With my Touch PRO 1 I was flashing roms daily trying to get battery life, GUI smoothness and basic functions to work. There was always something that would not work or just wasn't right. I'm very impressed with the work HTC as done here.

-SP
Old 10-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Loving the stock rom after I tweaked it but am still looking forward to having 6.5 again and some roms looking like Leo.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I must have flashed one of my 4 TouchPro's 30 times trying to get it perfect. People raved about NRG, but the battery life sucked & I was trying to improve battery life -not lower it.

The closest I came to perfect (& it was really good) was NFSFAN's latest with quite a few mods of my own. That setup was awesome, but I can't even imagine how many hours I had invested in the thing at that point!! (good thing I enjoy the tweaking).

I still have that TP, & it is amazing how close my VZ TP2 with goodthings2life's VZ tweak comes to the performance of that setup. The TP is a hair faster in response time everytime I click on anything, but the two are AWFUL close in performance.

I really thought I was going to hate reverting back to WM 6.1 after running 6.5 all that time, but that really has not been the case at all. HTC/Verizon did such a super job with this ROM that I don't feel an overwhelming urge to change like I did with the stock TP (which sucked).

I will still update when the unlocker is available as I do like 6.5 better & I love tweaking (I tweak as much out of boredom as from any real reason to fix something), but I could also stay with the stock ROM & be perfectly happy.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2