PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday
Proximity Locker?

I was wondering if there was a screen locker that can be used to lock the phone while in my pocket which acts like screen off function when on a phone call. I've tried pocketshield but could't get the light option to work right. Thanks for your help!

Last edited by one80oneday; 10-27-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

xconwayx is keeping up the good workxconwayx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to xconwayx Send a message via MSN to xconwayx
Re: Proximity Locker?

I know Pocket Shield has this function.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xconwayx View Post
I know Pocket Shield has this function.
All I could find were options for the light sensor?
Old 10-27-2009, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

xconwayx is keeping up the good workxconwayx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to xconwayx Send a message via MSN to xconwayx

my apologizes, my eyes deceived me on your OP.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90404

it seemed this thread didn't come up with much either.

Many apologizes.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xconwayx View Post
my apologizes, my eyes deceived me on your OP.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90404

it seemed this thread didn't come up with much either.

Many apologizes.
No problem. Thanks for the link anyway. The screen off function during a call just works so well, hopefully someone can make an app or add that function to an existing app. I've never had problems but with the bigger screen now my pocket likes to call people. Mainly would like this to save battery power though.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Scrufdog is keeping up the good workScrufdog is keeping up the good work

TouchLockPro can do that, and its free and works great.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
I was wondering if there was a screen locker that can be used to lock the phone while in my pocket which acts like screen off function when on a phone call. I've tried pocketshield but could't get the light option to work right. Thanks for your help!
I'm curious. What problems are you having to pocketshield? Did you go through the calibration for the light setting? Did you try it with and without the delay?

I ask only because I've been using PocketShield for a long time and it is hands down the best unlocked and was the first, I believe, to use the light sensor for easy unlocking.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:51 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
I'm curious. What problems are you having to pocketshield? Did you go through the calibration for the light setting? Did you try it with and without the delay?

I ask only because I've been using PocketShield for a long time and it is hands down the best unlocked and was the first, I believe, to use the light sensor for easy unlocking.
Found 1 bug so far with PocketShield: when using the gestures to unlock, it disables the face-down speaker phone option.

But get this, only on incoming calls i.e. when you have to unlock it. Outgoing calls = no problem.

I also haven't had luck with the light sensor. When I successfully calibrate, it never keeps it locked regardless of lighting condition.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Have you tried checking the box to add a 1.5 second delay? I know that was necessary to make it work on the Touch Pro, but it hasn't been necessary thus far with the TP2 in my experience, but it could make all the difference for you.

As far as the gestures, I just don't use them. I have it set to unlock with light, slide, or stylus out.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
I have it set to unlock with light, slide, or stylus out.
That is how I have PocketShield set also & it works perfectly (better than TouchLock Pro)

I find PS unlocks almost instantly with the light sensor (& takes very little light if it's calibrated correctly).

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2