PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JBabey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Thumbs down Battery drains at 1% a minute while using Speakerphone....

====================EDIT====================
I hard reset the phone and tested applications one at a time. It WAS the nuebattery driver that does the 1% increments. I was using v1.1 (i think its in the cleanup cab but i would have to check).

NueRom has released version 1.2 specifically for the Touch Pro 2. I would highly advise anyone that needs or wants the 1% increments to update immediately. I have not installed 1.2 yet but will do further testing.
====================EDIT====================

On standby my phone will last about 3 days just text messaging and checking emails.

On a "normal" call, where i hold the phone to my ear the battery will drain about 1% every 5 minutes....

when using the Speakerphone, the phone drains at 1% to 1.5% a MINUTE!

I use the speakerphone constantly as I travel a lot and cant use blue-tooth headsets. About 70 or so minutes on a call and the phone warns me the battery is critical and shuts down.

This seems to happen whether or not the backlight for the screen is lit up.

I would like to say that I have a battery problem, but it will go for like 3 days if i dont make a call.

Any ideas?? Will a new ROM alleviate this once HSPL is released? Should I send it back to SPRINT? Anyone else have this issue?

*grumbles*

Last edited by JBabey; 10-27-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Battery drains at 1% a minute while using Speakerphone....

Do you have a custom taskbar installed and/or "battery" driver? Some of those files that you "had" to install along with the taskbar (i.e. to get the 1% battery to show up) messed with my battery draining sometimes.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
Do you have a custom taskbar installed and/or "battery" driver? Some of those files that you "had" to install along with the taskbar (i.e. to get the 1% battery to show up) messed with my battery draining sometimes.

I thought that might be the case, but uninstalling the 1% battery driver didnt help at all.

Just to be 100% certain Im going to remove it again and post back tommorow.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:29 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

What is this standby you guys speak of? lol.. I keep trying to understand how people are saying they get 2-3 days on standby or whatever. I'm still stock obviously since i'm cdma..on sprint... only thing I use data for is to check my email every 30 mins. All the weather data and all that stuff is disabled... it'll last all day but i'd say probably around 7 or 8 ish im down to about 20 percent.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2 / hero
Carrier: sprint

dmb60614 is keeping up the good workdmb60614 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey View Post

when using the Speakerphone, the phone drains at 1% to 1.5% a MINUTE!

I use the speakerphone constantly as I travel a lot and cant use blue-tooth headsets. About 70 or so minutes on a call and the phone warns me the battery is critical and shuts down.
if you were to restart the device after the phone call does the battery level stay the same? on my titan, the battery indicator would take a huge hit after a phone call but would go back up a short time later or after a restart.

if you are getting 2-3 days on standby you do not have a battery problem. maybe it takes a lot of juice to power those tiny speakers for the speaker phone.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

andyrm66 is a n00b

Checking you email every 30 minutes will only let you get one day. Going to push email helps this problem. When I turn push/email off, I can go all weekend on one charge. During the week when email is on its about a day.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Since you're traveling, can't you just keep it plugged in to the cig lighter?
Old 10-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
What is this standby you guys speak of? lol.. I keep trying to understand how people are saying they get 2-3 days on standby or whatever. I'm still stock obviously since i'm cdma..on sprint... only thing I use data for is to check my email every 30 mins. All the weather data and all that stuff is disabled... it'll last all day but i'd say probably around 7 or 8 ish im down to about 20 percent.
I am using "push mail" (google sync) and everything else off and I too end up around 20% after 10 hours or so...there is no way my phone could go 2 days even if I didn't use it much...and I maybe get 2-3 emails a day...that's it...
Old 10-27-2009, 12:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I'm on Sprint too, and can go all weekend without plugging it in. But that means truly making no calls or using the screen at all, just having it laying by the bedside. It is set the same as yours, but even though emails are coming in, I am dealing with them only on my laptop. Screen "on" time eats it up too.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:51 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Well turning my email off really isnt an option as I have my work mail linked to it. And I dont know about that push mail... when I was using seven for push mail on the tp1 it killed my battery in about 6 hours. When I uninstalled it it would last all day.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2