PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 11:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

sfetaz is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My internet on my phone stops working completly when I use Wifi Routing software

Has anyone had the problem where after they use or attempt to use a Wifi Routing software on their TP2 such as WMWifirouter or HTC Wifi Router that they can no longer access the internet on their phone at all after using such software? I don't understand why this keeps happening, deleting and recreating the VZW 3G connection in the settings doesn't work, and last couple times I hard reset, this time I want to find a better solution and a package that won't do this. FYI I have Verizon TP2.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Hero / Treo 700wx >> Pre / Vogue >> TP2
Carrier: Sprint

isleepy1 is a n00b
Re: My internet on my phone stops working completly when I use Wifi Routing software

I had this problem as well, it also took a hard reset to fix, I narrowed down the problem to the Stealth Tethering Cab in the tweaks forum without this installed wifirouter and data worked fine afterwards. Did u also install this cab?

Edit: Wow I can't believe that was my first post! Ultimate Lurker!
Old 10-26-2009, 11:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

bostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: My internet on my phone stops working completly when I use Wifi Routing software

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfetaz View Post
Has anyone had the problem where after they use or attempt to use a Wifi Routing software on their TP2 such as WMWifirouter or HTC Wifi Router that they can no longer access the internet on their phone at all after using such software? I don't understand why this keeps happening, deleting and recreating the VZW 3G connection in the settings doesn't work, and last couple times I hard reset, this time I want to find a better solution and a package that won't do this. FYI I have Verizon TP2.
No issues here, using right now going 70 mph on I-5 for 2 hours with no disconnects.

Used to be so good.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleepy1 View Post
I had this problem as well, it also took a hard reset to fix, I narrowed down the problem to the Stealth Tethering Cab in the tweaks forum without this installed wifirouter and data worked fine afterwards. Did u also install this cab?

Edit: Wow I can't believe that was my first post! Ultimate Lurker!

No I have never installed this cab but still have the problem.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

Did you disable CM guardian? Not sure if it has to do anything w/ it, but disable it and give it a try.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 10-26-2009, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

CM Guardian is not in my startup folder nor do I see it in my task manager which shows all processes.

Also, I used SPB Backup to do a full backup of my phone. Then I hard reset and restored, and the problem was there after the restore, so SPB Backup also backs up the cause of the problem as well.

Last edited by sfetaz; 10-27-2009 at 12:22 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 Customized
Carrier: SPRINT

dallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
CM Guardian is not in my startup folder nor do I see it in my task manager which shows all processes.

Also, I used SPB Backup to do a full backup of my phone. Then I hard reset and restored, and the problem was there after the restore, so SPB Backup also backs up the cause of the problem as well.

Did you use the Cleanup Cab..I think that includes the reg edits that the other guy is talking about.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Hero / Treo 700wx >> Pre / Vogue >> TP2

isleepy1 is a n00b

Quote:

Come to think of it a SPB full restore was used all times I was fighting with this same issue too. Here is the process I went through working on this problem.

Problem: Phone loses data on start of wifi sharing
- Hard Reset
1. not working after installing stealth tethering CAB and disable push internet CAB ONLY + full restore from SPB
- Hard Reset
2. not working after installing stealth tethering cab ONLY and full restore from SPB
- Hard Reset
3. Phone works with push internet cab ONLY and SPB restore of CONTACTS only.

Did your backup come off a different device? Mine was off a vogue running NFSFAN 6.5 ROM

Lol I never thought to think it was spb as the only reason I didnt do a full restore was I was sick of waiting for it to restore my text message db. Good find
I guess I can re-enable stealth tethering again!
Old 10-27-2009, 01:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP

quite simple if you do not exit the program correctly then this problem will start to occur... when it does..just start wifirouter again and click stop and ok to exit.. and it should start working again...
I85 Nextel--> LG VX6000--> Moto V710--> Motorola Razr V3c unlocked alltel--> Razr V3c Verizon Red UI--> Motorola e815--> HTC 6700--> Motorola Q--> HTC Mogul--> HTC TOUCH--> Blackberry Pearl--> Blackberry Curve--> Treo 800w--> HTC Touch Diamond--> HTC Touch Pro--> Blackberry TOUR--> HTC Touch Pro 2
Old 10-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Remember if you use static IP's on your Wifi adapter, and then try to use "data services" through your carrier, you wont be able to. You have to clear the static IP's from the wifi adapter for data to work with Wifi as well. If anyone knows of a fix for this please let me know via PM. I hate having to clear my wifi settings back to Auto when I leave the office.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2