PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX
Pocket Shield Rotation Fix

I have been using Pocket Shield for quite some time now and I absolutely love it. The only issue I have is that I often keep my phone open and at my desk (even more so with the Touch Pro 2 thanks to the tilt feature). When PS wakes up it always reverts to portrait which I find quite annoying as I have to close/re-open the keyboard in order to get back to landscape each time I turn the device back on. I had assigned a shortcut key to do this for me, but it was still a bit annoying

Today I discovered that they have added a registry edit to cure just this issue. Make sure you have at least version 3.1 and then modify this key: HKLM\Software\PocketShield\ROTATE=0

I'm sure I wasn't the only one bothered by this, so hopefully this'll help some of you out.

Update: Cab added. Be sure to thank apristel for cabbing it up.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.

Last edited by WisdomWolfX; 11-02-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: edited for clarity
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Pocket Shield Rotation Fix

+thanks to you! Make sure you post this on the PS forum as well; I remember seeing a few threads on there for people asking, including myself.

-Dave
Old 10-24-2009, 10:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I actually got the info directly from their forums. But I had to do some digging to find it and figured there are a lot of people here that would like the info without having to sift through their forums.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

did they put back the answering by hardkeys again, I had to reinstall the old version because I answer with hardkeys and the new version they had removed the hardkeys answering.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 10-24-2009, 11:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I am running the latest version and yes you can answer with the hard keys. Just go to the phone tab and chose enable hard keys even when locked, then press the plus and check the box next to send/end keys.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
I am running the latest version and yes you can answer with the hard keys. Just go to the phone tab and chose enable hard keys even when locked, then press the plus and check the box next to send/end keys.
thanks, i will update again, I know alot of people were upset that they took out that option, they must of put it back in.

edit:wow it is now up to version 3.2.0.5 yup they added back in and also with alot of nice features...lol.

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 10-25-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 800W

c4inam2n is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to c4inam2n

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
I have been using Pocket Shield for quite some time now and I absolutely love it. The only issue I have is that I often keep my phone open and at my desk (even more so with the Touch Pro 2 thanks to the tilt feature). When PS wakes up it always reverts to portrait which I find quite annoying as I have to close/re-open the keyboard in order to get back to landscape each time I turn the device back on. I had assigned a shortcut key to do this for me, but it was still a bit annoying

Today I discovered that they have added a registry edit to cure just this issue. Make sure you have at least version 3.1 and then modify this key: HKLM\Software\PocketShield\ROTATE=0

I'm sure I wasn't the only one bothered by this, so hopefully this'll help some of you out.
I have the same issue right now and i have the lastest version which is 3.2.0.5 but dont ahve the "HKLM\Software\PocketShield\ROTATE=0" when i go into my registy....any1 please help if you could
Old 10-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4inam2n View Post
I have the same issue right now and i have the lastest version which is 3.2.0.5 but dont ahve the "HKLM\Software\PocketShield\ROTATE=0" when i go into my registy....any1 please help if you could
You need to create a new DWORD value. Name it ROTATE and set it to 0. Soft reset.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
You need to create a new DWORD value. Name it ROTATE and set it to 0. Soft reset.
Damn, beat me to it.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 800W

c4inam2n is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to c4inam2n

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
Sweet, works great thx alot

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2