PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

JHAZA is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Music in sleep mode

On my touch pro i was able to press the power button to engage sleep mode, while in sleep mode my music would still play. i use tcpmp to play my music. is there a reason why this can't be done on the touch pro 2. when i put it in sleep mode it is really in sleep mode cause my music stops. as usual any insight would be greatly appreciated. thx in advance.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff
Re: Music in sleep mode

Use Windows Media Player instead of the built-in Manilla version. Works fine for me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

Install "ScreenOff." Allows you to turn the screen off while programs are still running. Just press power to turn it back on, or you can map a key to run "ScreenOn." More on this here.

Last edited by mountainwampus; 10-14-2009 at 09:37 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Q --> HTC TP --> HTC TP2 --> HTC EVO

tjhooker74 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post
Use Windows Media Player instead of the built-in Manilla version. Works fine for me.
this has NOT worked for me. once the tp2 sleeps the streaming media playing in windows media player stops too.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:57 AM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I use Windows Media Player... ( I know you don't but... ) What I do, is let the phone go into sleep mode on it's own and then I can listen to my music with the screen off. Then I can turn it on and off at will. Just lookin' out.
Hope it helps bro.
p.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nonstop is a n00b

I've tried everything I can't get Windows Media Player to stream after the screen gets turned off.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Have you done any battery or power tweaks? Some of the tweaks make the storage card unavailable when the phones off to save battery.

Once I start playing a song in Windows Media player, it continues to play no matter how many times I turn the phone on and off. I'm assuming everyone is using the storage card for music.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work

Known issue. I submitted it to HTC and was told "they're looking into it." I recommend you post a comment to the HTC site (Contact Us) and see if they give you a different response.

(I stream audio from radio stations and it is annoying when the sound vanishes in sleep mode.)
Old 10-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

The only way I can get streaming to continue is if I have something plugged in to the 3.5mm jack and then turn the screen off with the power button.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainwampus View Post
Install "ScreenOff." Allows you to turn the screen off while programs are still running. Just press power to turn it back on, or you can map a key to run "ScreenOn." More on this here.
thank you

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2