PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

trevor_g is keeping up the good worktrevor_g is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HSPL update from CMONEX (no joke) -

I have a question.

As far as I know, CMONEX is the only person who can provide the WinMo world with these hardspls. Why?

Clearly, it's a difficult process (and I'm not at all familiar with it). But seriously, what if she were to jump ship to a *shudder* iPhone or *shudder* Android at some point? Would we all be left high and dry with unflashable WinMo devices?

I find it amazing that this whole community (and others) rely on a single person to provide this stuff. That's all.

Kudos to her of course for being so brilliant!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP1, TP2, and Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jhiciano is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
For all the people that say give them a break, they are spending there time for free to help, what about all the time all of us wasted, waiting here for the release as we were told 3 days ago it would be released in 2 days, then we were told yesterday it will be today. We probably spent more time checking this site for the past 4 days then it took to even unlock the device.....

Can we start a donation link for all the people that wasted there time here for the past 4 days waiting for nothing?????
Yes lets revolt and grab the pitchforks

Old 10-22-2009, 11:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

now to just have 8 more threads about this tonight
Old 10-22-2009, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

quid246 is just getting started

I have a feeling this weekend will be a good one for most of us.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

hope your right I got the rom I want downloaded just waiting... thank god for other things to do in the world or Id have hung myself by now waiting lol
Old 10-22-2009, 11:52 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

I wonder if cmonex will teach an online course so we can spawn a whole new generation of coders.

It is kind of unfair to rely so heavily on one person for something we clearly value so dearly.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

das7771 is just getting started

If you spend all of your time waiting around for this to be released then you clearly have nothing better to do, but waste your time. For god sakes these people have lives as well and owe us absolutely nothing. So what if you donated. Usually that's only enough to pay for the device, and not the thousands of dollars a programmer or developer would actually charge for all of the time that is actually put in to these kind of things. A donation usually means that you give some one something and expect nothing in return, or at least not guaranteed some thing. Most people only donate a couple of bucks here or there and then they act like they are owed some thing in return.

At least is will be released eventually, it's not like it's all for nothing. I would rather have it delayed for a couple of more days, then see a post that it's not possible, sorry but we tried. If you actually read some of the post about these people some are going through life changing events and have more important things to tend to besides the people waiting to flash their phone. Yet they still have the patience to move forward with the projects. It's funny because when it's released all of the complaints and negativity will be forgotten by the people leaving those comments, but unfortunately the actual people doing this for us will always have to hear the crap, and still put up with it, why they do I don't know. It seems to me they are being very generous and patient with all of the people complaining and making demands.

Just my two cents. It will come out, and every one will be happy. No reason for all of the negativity.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

tis not impossible, but requires a developer and plenty of patience and also much more than i even know........

you would need tobe fluent in C/C++, and able to use Assembler,

“AssemblyLanguage for Intel-Based Computers” by Kip R. Irvine*is the great book that gives good knowledge of inner structure of the computer and development in Assembler. You ca also find information about installation, configuration and work with the MASM 6.15 compiler.This link will guide you to the BIOS interrupt list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BIOS_interrupt_call
Old 10-22-2009, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

Rippa_MD is keeping up the good workRippa_MD is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up Re: HSPL update from CMONEX (no joke) -

Quote:
Originally Posted by das7771 View Post
If you spend all of your time waiting around for this to be released then you clearly have nothing better to do, but waste your time. For god sakes these people have lives as well and owe us absolutely nothing. So what if you donated. Usually that's only enough to pay for the device, and not the thousands of dollars a programmer or developer would actually charge for all of the time that is actually put in to these kind of things. A donation usually means that you give some one something and expect nothing in return, or at least not guaranteed some thing. Most people only donate a couple of bucks here or there and then they act like they are owed some thing in return.

At least is will be released eventually, it's not like it's all for nothing. I would rather have it delayed for a couple of more days, then see a post that it's not possible, sorry but we tried. If you actually read some of the post about these people some are going through life changing events and have more important things to tend to besides the people waiting to flash their phone. Yet they still have the patience to move forward with the projects. It's funny because when it's released all of the complaints and negativity will be forgotten by the people leaving those comments, but unfortunately the actual people doing this for us will always have to hear the crap, and still put up with it, why they do I don't know. It seems to me they are being very generous and patient with all of the people complaining and making demands.

Just my two cents. It will come out, and every one will be happy. No reason for all of the negativity.
amen to that. all these polls and others similar threads =
Old 10-23-2009, 12:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Jesus...get over it people. It's the Internet. If you let things like complainers, naysayers, and usless-posters, etc. get to you online, good luck in real life. If you don't like it...don't read it. Ignore it and move on.

I'm sick of complainers complaining about complaining. Now complain about that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2