PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Should Sprint's TEP cover doggie damage?
Yes, thats what I pay them $7 dollars a month for. 56 67.47%
No, they dont owe you jack! 7 8.43%
Doggie damage not considered 'accidental'. 7 8.43%
Get rid of both dog AND Sprint! 13 15.66%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 06:26 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My Dog Ate my TP2

I called in a favor to the little guy, looks like he came through.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: The Now Network

neopanther is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Dude! I would have throttled that freakin' dog! My old roommate's boxer (I admit he was really cute...the DOG not my roommate!) got hold of my wallet and chewed up about 10 20.00 bills. Then my roomie goes: "Well, you shouldn't have left the door open!" Dog's know when they are messing with something they're not supposed to. A friend of mine a few days ago called his dog into the room and pointed at something he chewed up. The dog took one glance at it (charger cord) and took off running and hid under the couch. Yeahhhh...that sounds like he didn't know better! Sorry about your phone man. That REALLY sucks. The Sprint store will replace it. I've been with them almost 8 years. If they can't fix something they replace it. I avoid Ascurion because I have to pay out of pocket...but it's up to you!
HTC Hero (There appears to be a theme here, huh?) Loving this website. Watching Sprint rebound one day at a time.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS
Threadstarter

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The dog is the one who belongs on the rotten.com site! LOL.

Im still not sure which way to go in regards to getting a replacement. I doubt the corp store will replace it for doggy damage. I already called CS and the idiot told me he would call me back in a couple hours with a decision; and this was at about 3PM yesterday. I'm pissed that Sprint has been dropping the ball so much lately...not only in this regard, but even unjustly charging me for some BS they themselves messed up on. My cup is starting to quite full and i might just report my tp2 lost or stolen and just pay the $100 for a new one. Spare me the paramoralistic rants please!
Old 10-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks for the kind words, guys. It is much appreciated. And Neo, I do agree that dogs know when theyre doing something theyre not supposed to be doing...simply for the reasons you stated above. When that little sucka saw me come out the shower, he immediately darted under the bed...almost as if he knew what was up.

TMZ, since u two seem to get along so well, how about I ship him to you in a carboard box?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:39 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'll take him
Old 10-21-2009, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

See...I'm a nice guy. I just called the store closest to me and a friend of mine reminded me of a pamphlet he gave me a few months ago showing a dog with a phone in its mouth advertising their replacement program. I asked him that day about doggie damage. He said Sprint will replace that. If you politely push the issue they'll give you a newbie rather than a refurb. I hope your local store cooperates.

Last edited by neopanther; 10-21-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ha ha ha...You guys are funny! He ran under the bed!? Oh man! I hope you counted to 100.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

trevor_g is keeping up the good worktrevor_g is keeping up the good work

Ugh... I'm SO sorry man. That's a nightmare!

Here's a sympathy "Thanks" +1
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Sad part is, its only a few days outside Sprint's 30 days trial period. I paid about $479 for it up front. So lets see:

I paid almost $500 for the tp2.
My dumb arse sister paid almost $1500 for the ****er.
I'm thinking i'll just sell them both together as a bundled package and get me a new HDTV.

$1100 for both! Any takers? LMAO.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Dude! Call Sprint and ask them if they'll price match your pro 2. I got my (same from above) friend to bill mine to my account back in September. I called Account Services and they agreed to give me credits to reduce the price from 450 plus tax down to 199 like Verizon. I heard that in a forum on this site. I believe they'll still do this. I'm about to get my uncle one (family plan) and I can get it for 199. If you payed more than that you really got "cheated". Not only that ,but before I got the price match he put a 100.00 credit on my account so I wouldn't have to mail in the rebate. So I technically got mine for just 99 bucks. Can't beat that. Trust me man. It works! Some people said they got turned down a few times before they got it. It's definitely worth a try. One thing though: They might only do it within the 30 days, but if you explain your situation politely to a rep I will be SHOCKED if they don't do it. At least you can get some of your money back!

Last edited by neopanther; 10-21-2009 at 07:20 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2