PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Should Sprint's TEP cover doggie damage?
Yes, thats what I pay them $7 dollars a month for. 56 67.47%
No, they dont owe you jack! 7 8.43%
Doggie damage not considered 'accidental'. 7 8.43%
Get rid of both dog AND Sprint! 13 15.66%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 12:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry My Dog Ate my TP2

I am babysitting a [insert type of spaniel here] spaniel for my sister while she's on vacation. I was in the shower today and this little fool jumped on my bed and got to my precious! By the time I got out the shower and saw what had happened, he'd already managed to get the battery cover off and chewed a few extra holes in it. My volume rocker is also completely gone, and worst of all, there are several bite marks on my screen!!!! Thankfully, he never got a hold of my SD card (after this incident, I immediately made a new backup of my SD--I highly recommend all readers to do the same as well). Needless to say, my sis almost came home to a doggie corpse! I had to refrain with all my might from literally throwing him out the window!

Now, my question is: should I call Sprint's CS, go the asurion route or take it into a store to get it replaced? Either way, i wouldnt really feel like i'm cheating Sprint or anything because my TP did have some dead pixels and my friends constantly complained about call quality and my voice going in and out. So, I did in fact have some hardware related issues...but now its just topped with this tragic incident.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, guys.

P.S. I will have pics of the damage up tomorrow so you all can see what a broken heart looks like.

Culprit is on the right!

Last edited by sumo911; 10-21-2009 at 09:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:51 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: My Dog Ate my TP2

lol, i have 2 bull mastiffs and there not even allowed to look at my phones. trying to help out your sis and look what happens, love how the swear filter got ya on dog name, atleast there not big dogs.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

Just go the Asurion route. Any TP you get, even if refurbished will most likely just be a buyers remorse return. Good chance you will get a nice one.

Sorry about your luck
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

zizo72 is just getting started

the dog doesn't know what a TP2 is man. EZ on the dog, phones are replaceable
Old 10-21-2009, 01:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

FrankieO is a n00b

the dog's soul for the phone.. seems like a fair trade. Unless your sister will pay for the deductible.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

Old 10-21-2009, 01:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If only I could send the dog to Sprint and have them replace it with a TP2. Now THAT would be nice.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 Customized
Carrier: SPRINT

dallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by correct View Post

Haha i like that one!
Old 10-21-2009, 02:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Im not a dog beater. Never have been....til today, that is. LOL. I admit I did kinda loose my temper; and in retrospect, as another poster also mentioned, phones are always replaceable. I feel kinda bad now cause I did beat the skin off of his *** with some spicy-spicy soup slippers! LMAO. But trust me, he had it comin...

For the record, folks... the dog is ALIVE and well. In fact, he's still as perky and annoying as ever! Wonder if he's learned his lesson? I wont be leaving sh!t around to find out, thats for sure!
Old 10-21-2009, 02:48 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Hmm......Maybe the dog is an iPhone lover !! lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2