PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TouchLockPro or PocketShield for TP2? Looking for S2U2 alternative...

Cost [of PocketShield] notwithstanding, what are the pros/cons between the two?

For you who used both, wich one is more refined, stable, and less intrusive or have fewer side-effects on the device? Which is more battery friendly?

Thanks for your input.
I see people posting their connection speed--but why? It's one thing to show EVDO/HSDPA speeds, but I see people posting wired connections and I am puzzled (especially when the speed is not all that impressive). So, in that spirit, I will post mine:

Old 10-20-2009, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

xpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuff
Re: TouchLockPro or PocketShield for TP2? Looking for S2U2 alternative...

I'm using the lastest version of Pocketshiel, it is on sale now. It runs smoothly on my phone, but you need to disable the "Protect incoming calls" and on Unlocking tab--> application permission --> add your fav Dial program

Don't forget to click

Last edited by xpsworm; 10-20-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpsworm View Post
I'm using the lastest version of Pocketshiel, it is on sale now. It runs smoothly on my phone, but you need to disable the "Protect incoming calls" and on Unlocking tab--> application permission --> add your fav Dial program
Thank you.

Are you indicating that PocketShield's protect incoming calls function has to disabled? I like how S2U2 can put up its own answer interface. It all but eliminates accidental answer or activation (of other stuff on the screen) when the phone wakes up and rings and it's in pocket.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:31 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

+1 for pocketshield. very lite weight and gets the job done right without the battery drain of s2u2. the missed notification reminders are a nice addition as well.

also if you are gooing to spring for pocketshield i highly recommend their new app volumex as well. they integrate wonderfully
Old 10-21-2009, 02:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

xpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by snovvman View Post
Thank you.

Are you indicating that PocketShield's protect incoming calls function has to disabled? I like how S2U2 can put up its own answer interface. It all but eliminates accidental answer or activation (of other stuff on the screen) when the phone wakes up and rings and it's in pocket.
I think three is a conflict between PS and HTC Dialer. PS incoming phone protection works well for WM dialer only. There is a post on pocketshield forum about that.

Last edited by xpsworm; 10-22-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

zeuswsu is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpsworm View Post
I think three is a conflict between PS and HTC Dial. PS incoming phone protection works well for WM dial pad only. There is a post on pocketshield forum about that.
Yep, i went back to s2u2 because of wierd things that would happen to the dialer when i was using PS. Most annoying to me was that the "mute ring" button wouldnt work.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:27 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

I have to give another vote to pocket shield. It works easily and most of the time you don't know it's there since it unlocks automatically with light. As long as you turn off the call lock as mentioned previously and use the built-in one it functions almost flawlessly.

The only problem I have with it is that the phone always defaults back to portrait if it falls asleep while open. I used to have to close/reopen the keyboard to get back to landscape, but I solved the problem by assigning a long press of the envelope to rotate 270 degrees and now I'm all set. The developers are also aware of a problem so a fix should be coming soon.

Even with the above noted inconvenience Pocket Shield is still better than anything else I've tried (nothing, S2U2, WM 6.5 auto-lock).

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint mogul 6800

ashoush is a n00b

I have used S2U2 and pocket shield and must say that pocket shield is a much easier procudt to use. I also like the fact that you do not have to swipe in the same place each time. as long as you start at the top some where. I ended up wearing out my mogul in the exact place that S2U2 forced you to slide to unlock.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

BK111968 is just getting started

I was using S2U2 until yesterday when I started having issues with it (when locked it would sometimes bring up the align screen and crosshairs and only a soft-reset would fix it).

I haven't had any sort of problems with Pocket Shield but the one thing I don't like about it is that it puts your phone into sleep mode after the phone is locked for a user defined period of time. I have mine set to 50 seconds and then it goes to sleep.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK111968 View Post
I haven't had any sort of problems with Pocket Shield but the one thing I don't like about it is that it puts your phone into sleep mode after the phone is locked for a user defined period of time. I have mine set to 50 seconds and then it goes to sleep.
What about that don't you like? I would imagine that sleep mode would help battery life? Is there a side-effect I am not aware of?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2