PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 10:43 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: --01/04/2010 --[FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS] Touch Pro2 FAQ --01/04/2010 --

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalAttic View Post
I know this is likely not a complete description of SIM functions, but it should be enough to get you going in the right research direction
thanks, but that's pretty much what we all know.

what we don't know/understand yet is how to properly manage the contacts on/with sim cards, althought I made some headway lastnight, I still don't understand why some area's show the sim contacts to me and others (CID) don't.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2... Da Bomb!
Carrier: VZW... Can U @&^&!# Hear Me Now!

DigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DigitalAttic Send a message via MSN to DigitalAttic Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAttic

I take it you are using SIM Manager app for this: I haven't seen many CDMA oriented apps, but I would imagine most of the GSM WM stuff would work for our phones provided the GSM API functions and hardware are not too different.

XDA would be a better place to look for this...

If my post helps you, please hit the "Thanks" button... it's free and I need the rep!
Old 02-25-2010, 03:39 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalAttic View Post
I take it you are using SIM Manager app for this: I haven't seen many CDMA oriented apps, but I would imagine most of the GSM WM stuff would work for our phones provided the GSM API functions and hardware are not too different.

XDA would be a better place to look for this...
if that's the built in one then yup. I did find that last night and think I figured out how to keep contacts with mulitple numbers from dividing into multiple entries.

I guess, what I have yet to figure out (and very hard to search for)
is the native contact app/engine the same as what's been on gsm all along too? (meaning there should be nothing new or different with a hybrid, or are there differences)
also I seem to have noticed that htc's interface reacts different to sim contacts than the native one.. ..

why, oh why, are the few things that are a worldwide standard, not integrated better!!!!! (contact, calendar) everybody's got their own format.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3

Catman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good work

How did you stop it from dividing. I tried saving contacts to it using the built in program. Not only did it separate by number, it put them all in my contacts by last name! Had to hand delete all of them.
Not understanding a sim card after being with Sprint for soooo long.
Will head to XDA to browse around.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Vlip3 is just getting started

I hope this is not a stupid question, I've searched various threads on this forum but could not find an answer. I am considering a TP2 (currently a TP owner) but am intrigued by the HD2. Except for the lack of keyboard, what are the differences between an HD2 and TP2? Does the larger screen make an on-screen keyboard usable enough that you don't need the physical keyboard? I use my keyboard on my TP extensively but that's because the on-screen keyboard is just too small for my oversized thumbs.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlip3 View Post
I hope this is not a stupid question, I've searched various threads on this forum but could not find an answer. I am considering a TP2 (currently a TP owner) but am intrigued by the HD2. Except for the lack of keyboard, what are the differences between an HD2 and TP2? Does the larger screen make an on-screen keyboard usable enough that you don't need the physical keyboard? I use my keyboard on my TP extensively but that's because the on-screen keyboard is just too small for my oversized thumbs.
Ok, stupid question - I admit it! I just found the specs on the HD2 on the HTC website and it is not what I was thinking! I'm with Verizon and thought their "Imagio" was HD2, I think it is just an HD. I suppose my question should have read, what, except for keyboard are the differences between the TP2 and HD. The HD2 definitely has two things I would REALLY like to have like the 1Ghz processor and capacitive touch screen but I think (and I didn't think I'd ever say this) I think the screen is just too big. 4.3 inches doesn't look like it will fit in a pocket. I think the 3.6 inch screen is plenty big enough, especially coming from a TP.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Rogers (GSM)

boldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlip3 View Post
To be honest, it pretty much always boils down to personal preference. I cannot imagine a phone that I use so much (especially for business, lots of texting/appointments/tasks/etc.) without a physical keyboard, and especially the TP2's which is butter. You should always avail yourself of the opportunity to use the phone yourself first at a store or what have you. I really like the on-screen keyboard with the TP2, but if I have anything more than a password or couple words to enter, I use the physical keyboard.

A reinforcement for me as to the importance of the physical keyboard was when my friend got his Samsung Omnia II a few weeks ago and I helped him with syncing. The phone is lighter than a paperclip and super thin, but I thought to myself "Really? That's it? Stuck with the onscreen keyboard?" Couldn't imagine daily usage like that.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks boldaslove,

Unfortunately, Verizon will not stock TP2s. They say it is a custom order. Yes, they give you 30 days but really, do you want to return such a thing? They have the HD in stores and was really liking the thinness but I guess you're right. I do find myself using the keyboard extensively. One thing though, with so much more real-estate than on the TP, whey would they eliminate the ctrl and tab keys? It just doesn't compute.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

carmel7744 is a n00b

Hello,

I've had my TP2 for 2 weeks been reading these threads for just as long and I just can't figure out how to change the slider. I have the stock sprint rom 6.1. I know it's not as simple as downloading a cab or is it???? Help
Old 03-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3

Catman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good work

Hey Carmel7744,
Just go here and change everthing. S2W does some great work.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91156
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2