PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 04:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

jimmyjohn is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problem in SPB Mobile Shell 3.5: Screen Won't Rotate?

Is anyone else having a problem with SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 on the TP2 (Sprint, if it makes any difference) in regard to screen rotation?

When I flip out the QWERTY, the (Lifestyle) Home Screen goes mostly blank, with just the bottom bar still available -- though even that doesn't rotate, and stays on what was the bottom in portrait mode, and is now the right side in landscape mode.

This seems to be a problem in many areas of MS 3.5, including Home, Carousel, Favorite Contacts (in this, they all remain on screen, but they're overlapping & messy). This happens even for completely blank home screens, where I haven't placed a single widget.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Hero
Carrier: Telus

freebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Problem in SPB Mobile Shell 3.5: Screen Won't Rotate?

I never had that problem when I was using MS 3.5, my only problem was my widgets overlapping eachother and getting completly messed up in landscape mode...this was why I have stopped using it. Must be something else that you have installed that may be conflicking...weird.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint CDMA Touch Pro 2

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to mikedboyd

mine rotates just fine with or without the keyboard out. Not sure what might cause your symptom. If you rearrange your widgets to a tolerable arrangement in Landscape mode, it will that profile separate from your portrait mode layout. If you change any widgets (different size, add, delete) it applies to both portrait and landscape.

Be sure to thank me IF I help .............................
Old 10-19-2009, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & MS 3.5

SKS06460 is keeping up the good workSKS06460 is keeping up the good work

No, I don't have that problem, although my very excellent portrait mode home screen gets pasted around almost arbitrarily in landscape mode.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

migz1134 is keeping up the good workmigz1134 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to migz1134

may be somehow you disable the auto rotation.. check under settings may be there is an option to enable again. i disable mine auto rotation in touchflo under settings
Old 10-19-2009, 12:40 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKS06460 View Post
No, I don't have that problem, although my very excellent portrait mode home screen gets pasted around almost arbitrarily in landscape mode.
You just need to reset the widgets in landscape mode and they will save that way separately from the portrait mode save. I did it on each of my lifestyle pages and favorite contacts page and it stays that way every time I'm in landscape.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

jimmyjohn is just getting started

Indeed, it does seem to have been a conflict with some other programs. My guess is that the Change Screen .cab was the culprit.

While I have all of you here: is there any way to reassign the Start button on the TP2 to the launcher or somesuch, as TF3D does, but which MS leaves as assigned to the Start Menu? The Buttons options in main settings don't seem to include the Start button.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2