PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

IM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to IM0001 Send a message via AIM to IM0001 Send a message via MSN to IM0001 Send a message via Skype™ to IM0001
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I sware unlike my loving the TP2 thread, I can almost say I am addicted to this damn phone. My TP1 was a change from my 6700/6800 in how I tweeked it for fun instead of just Tweeking for reliabilty and functionality on the TP1. Now on the TP2 even without changing Roms I am completely stuck to this phone. Even on my recent motorcycle ride this weekend I am always playing with my phone on its mount. Its almost unsafe lol. Listening to Internet Radio through Bluetooth, watching the charge/heat buildup, tweeking the Manilla Clock to Clear Silver instead of the stock ugly black on grey. Then scouring these forums as well as countless others and Facebook. (Finally they have a little tag showing post via Windows Mobile) Its just too sweet a phone. I love it. Somewhat better then a woman but the lack of true curves so to speak is just enough to keep it separate.

Phone History with Sprint: Samsung N400 (Lockup King) - Toshiba VM4050 (Great Screen. No BT) - PPC6700 (Squishy Touchscreen) - Mogul (USB Port No More) - Touch Pro (Davy Jones Locker) - Touch Pro 2 (Oldie But Goodie) - HTC Arrive (I<3WP) : History of Pocket PC's: Dell Axim X50V WM6.5.3 (Still the best VGA PDA gaming and multimedia device since 2004)
Old 10-18-2009, 01:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441
Re: Different from the Loving thread, Anyone here almost addicted to their TP2?

Yeah, I'm with you. This thing is brilliant.

I came from a Samsung i760 and it was a nice little workhorse.

I considered the Touch Pro, but was less than thrilled about the build quality... and that smallish screen didn't make TouchFlo very fun.

This phone (it seems derragatory to call it that) is the perfect collaboration of form and function. Now that I've got my stowaway bluetooth keyboard working, I think I'll be leaving the laptop at home on my next trip.

I know WinMo 7 and Snapdragon processors are on the horizon... but I'm thinking this will easily keep me satisfied for the 12-24 months before I can upgrade again.

PS - Wait 'till you discover Twitter through PockeTwit or TwiKini. Talk about addicting.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Where I work almost everyone got iPhones when they first came out. Everyone talked about them, played with them, it almost fused with their hand. They never put them down. I made fun of them. Now I'm that guy, only with my TP2. I can't stop.

When the Mogul came out I bought one and returned it, when the original Touch Pro came out I bought one and returned it. This is the first PPC that I'm going to keep.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:30 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hi, my name is Adam...and I'm a TouchPro 2-aholic. <insert peanut gallery: "Hi Adam">

My wife has gotten used to it already...and she deals with it. Addicted to a device is better than drinking, smoking or canoodling!

Old 10-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah, I'm probably pretty much there. Yesterday I took my lady out and of course had my tp2 in my loose kinda baggy shorts pocket. She doesn't appreciate it if I pay more attention to my tp2 than her. Understandable. Well, I took a glance at it and saw the screen was all f'd up. It had come on in my pocket and was doing all sorts of crazy stuff being a touch device. My screen was scrambled and in edit mode from ms 3.5.
I was cursing myself for being so negligent as to not lock the screen before pocketing. My bad. Well, I gotta tell you it took one heck of alot of will power to leave it as is and not make it right again right on the spot. I just turned it off.Lol
That eve I had to be kind to both of my babes and take care of em when I got home. The two legged one had priority of course. But I couldn't go to sleep before making the tp2 right again.Lol
Old 10-18-2009, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

bobdude5 is just getting started

Yup im touchpro2aholic too..i pull out my phone everychance i get..my girlfriend gets mad lol she asks me what movie are we gonna watch..i pull it out..take a picture..i pull it out..when im at home im always playing with it..its getting in the way of my studies :/ i hate this phone.its ruining my life
Old 10-18-2009, 02:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

/slaps on a Hi my name is sticker.

Ive had Sprint for God knows how long, this is my 3rd smartphone(Mogul,TP1, now this) and I just cant put the damn thing down. Even though its very similar to the TP1, I just cant put the phone down. Honestly, the phone just feels good in my hand rofl. I used to sell T-mo and bought a Nokia N96 which for the last year has been my main phone. Well....I more or less stopped using it because of the TP2 lol
Old 10-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

KilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to KilgoreBA

Definetely there. I use this phone for everything! All my college research, at work as a Task Manager and Calculator, Games, Check Book Balancer, Bible, TV, Internet, Music, Radio, News, Facebook & MySpace, Shopping, GPS, exercise companion, camera, Voice Recorder, and soooo much more!

I honestly don't know how anybody these days, could go without a smartphone. I have used a Pocket PC since the early Compaq iPaqs and I have never went an entire day without using a Pocket PC since! The Touch Pro 2 is by far the best I have ever used! I am eagerly awaiting for HTC to announce the Touch Pro 3 (HD 2 with hardware keyboard)!

I seriously have a problem, lol. I pay way more attention to this device than I should. I know my wife gets jealous, lol.
Radio 2.23.00WV
Old 10-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Count me in for the addicts. This phone is a godsend!
Old 10-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

djsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to djsiva

Hello, my name is Nate (not Slim Shady ) and I'm an addict. I prefer sleepless nights tweaking over just about anything else. hehe..

Nate
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2