PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc7100
Carrier: sprint

tinkn69 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Boo Hoo;sniff bye TP2 (critique)

I am really going to miss my tp2 it was a beautiful phone......
I ordered and paid in full price the first day that they were out......

I truly wanted to believe, I truly did....

First of all the speakerphone quality is superb and the phone itself is fast and repsonsive; battery life was very very good.

So much for the good.

After the wow of the gorgeous tilt screen was over,
(basically like a 1 night stand) I just tried to use and to tweak the touch flo interface.The only thing it added was an extra layer of icandy that I just don't need in the way(speed had nothing to do with it).

This "business class" phone had much potential but they foooged it up! It could have been so great but they crippled and disabled many things.
Before getting this superphone, I dreamt of it like sleeping with a supermodel.

I own a Tech based business with many many clients and I even do remote desktop support from my phone.

Everything was just too many steps. Too many.
So much for making my life better, ah well.

The main reasons for going back are:

#1 copy and paste from internet, email & messaging
first and foremost how stupid to not include the ability, natively.

Default browser & Internet
this is windows mobile, right?
Wheres the soft menu buttons for Internet settings in IE. have fun getting back to settings when you choose full screen.

Keyboard
- it is great and roomy but a little far apart; and then with all that extra room not include a TAB, CTRL or ALT keys or menu buttons.
I have big fingers and I still find myself reaching kinda hard for keys; numbers too close at the top when tilted

Touchflo Favorite contacts - you choose the number for the picture when setup and yet still have to choose the number after choosing the contact.
example - Bill work(in suit) Bill home(in hammock) just more steps - not going to choose each time

Touchflo menus - choose settings all settings - programs all programs, no weather or menu customizations

Contacts
- does not show all contact info like notes have to choose more then notes.

Call History - have to choose another list to get the details of a call, business class indeed

Cannot edit a picture, kill the FM radio.

I was very disappointed with just another jazzed up WM version that had a tilt screen. I do realize that there will be many great and beneficial hacks to this phone but I cannot wait for that to happen I am just too busy to have to fix this too.

I guess I was just hoping that it would be great out of the box.

I want to apologize for the negative critique; there are just too many reasons to go back to my mogul that it just did better and easier.
(aside from battery life lol)

Also in the not too distant future there are more devices that have snapdragons & 5MP+ and even better coming down the pike, so I guess that I can wait just a little while longer.

Well we'll just end our relationship as just 2 ships passing in the night.

Goodbye babe we had fun didn't we?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:51 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra
Re: Boo Hoo;sniff bye TP2 (critique)

preeeetty much everything you listed there already has a tweak.... not to mention a lot of it will be changed with 6.5
you didn't even give it a chance
Old 10-15-2009, 11:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Fittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuff

Yeah buddy I think you jumped the gun... Good luck in your pursuit of "phone" happiness!
Old 10-15-2009, 11:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

touch flo blows, classic start and spb mobile. spank it hands down

now if only the ringtone through bluetooth would work
Old 10-15-2009, 11:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work

Your "favorite contacts" complaint...I'm not quite sure what you mean...on the main touchflo slider if I go to the contacts slider, I can select the person there and right under their picture is all of the phone number choices (cell, home, etc) and as soon as I push that it dials...
Old 10-15-2009, 11:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO 4G

newvet is becoming a great contributor

I don't think I have ever disagreed more with a review. Sorry, it didn't work out for you, but I truly love my TP2. I never thought a keyboard with extra spacing would be a problem.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

xr7kid is just getting started

So you know Touchflo can be disabled right? Which would then beg the question, how is the TP2's version of WM 6.1 different than the Moguls version of WM 6.1? So basically you gave up a nicer screen and keyboard (a keyboard you can use without the screen tilted, much like the Moguls), international compatibility, much more ram, and other things because you couldn't turn off what is basically a today screen plug in?
Old 10-15-2009, 11:25 AM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Red face Re: Boo Hoo;sniff bye TP2 (critique)

Wow... That's a long rambling goodbye for such a busy guy. Good luck with your search my friend.... Good luck.....

p.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

WOW, I can't believe you said the keyboard is a problem, that's a 1st. Everything you said may be true but it all gets fixed with the unlocker. If you thought 6.1 would be any different on this device then any other then you were sadly mistaken, 6.1 is 6.1 no matter what the device. Everything from defaulut browser, touch flo (which can be disabled) , call history, and even the fm radio will be fixed when the unlocker comes, but the sit there and think Sprint is about to give you all that in its release is a joke.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

webdave is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to webdave Send a message via AIM to webdave Send a message via MSN to webdave Send a message via Yahoo to webdave Send a message via Skype™ to webdave

Who cares if you don't like the phone. Everyone has their own personal feature needs. If the phone didn't work for you then get something else. I don't get the purpose of these posts. Are we supposed to feel bad that you didn't like a phone?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2