PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 09:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Question Music Tab Slow To Load With 16gb Microsd?

Is anybody else with a 16 gig card experiencing this issue? when i navigate over to the music tab in tf3d with my 16 gig card in there it takes roughly a minute for it to load my music in there, now when i had the touch pro it had the same issue.

is it a phone issue or is it because of the size of the memory card? if its not a phone issue is there any fix for this?
Old 10-15-2009, 10:12 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

adrock1154 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Music Tab Slow To Load With 16gb Microsd?

Well I've only got a 4g Micro and it still takes roughly the same amount of time.. I didn't think it was too big of a deal though. I mean it sucks, but it only happens when I take it out and load it up with more music.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

migz1134 is keeping up the good workmigz1134 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to migz1134

what class MicroSD are you using?
Old 10-15-2009, 10:37 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

its just a 16gb microsd hc....i dunno what class i bought this over a year ago cuz it was on sale at the time 75 bucks
Old 10-15-2009, 10:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Same problem here (it doesn't take a full minute, but it is definitely not immediate either)

I have about 500 mp3's on my 16 gig sandisk card (sandisk cards are junk by the way, I am on my 3rd one).

I only load it once a day, so it's not the end of the world but it is annoying when everything else in the phone loads very quickly........

~John
Old 10-15-2009, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid

bsweetness is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by migz1134 View Post
what class MicroSD are you using?
This question is what you need to be looking at in order to answer your question. I'm going to guess that you're using a class 2 card (given the age and price when you bought it) at the most. The card should have the class number on it (it's just the number 6 inside a circle on mine). If there's no class listed, then chances are you've definitely got a really cheap class 2.

I'm using an 8 gig class 6 card at the moment with around 200 mp3s, and the tab loads up pretty much as soon as I touch it. The class of the card is very important when it comes to read/write speeds. The higher the class, the faster the minimum read/write speed. On a higher capacity card with more data, this is going to become even more important. If you want to be able to access things on your card quicker (and smoother in some instances), you need a higher class card.

Cards with a lower class are cheaper, but they can be seriously frustrating because of how slow they are.

Last edited by bsweetness; 10-15-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZN

Haywood1 is a n00b

I have about 10 gb of songs on a 16 gb Class 6 card.

When I access my music from the Touchflo Tab it takes about 30 sec to load.
When I use the start menu's Windows Media Player, it only takes about 5 sec or less.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:12 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Windows Media Player takes no time to load for me thats why i use that over the player in touchflo 3d...

but when i go to music in tf3d it takes roughly 30 secs to a min to load (i just timed it at 30secs just now)

i'd just rather go to the windows media player without the lag, maybe i need a higher class memory card it appears. Does anyone know if the tp2 will be compatible with the newer gb cards that are suppose to come out?
Old 10-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Yeah... My wife is a photographer and we found out the hard way how important the class is on her camera. However I found a 16gb Polaroid clas 2 card for 30 bucks on clearance(open package at Fry's full warranty) and I couldn't turn it down. My quick fix.... I removed the music tab from touch flo cuz I would get stuck on that tab every time I would come close to it. I also use Windows media I listen through a set of Moto S9HD headphones and they give me all the controls I need while listening.. WMP is a memory hog but I usually listen while I'm at work or at the gym or driving so not too much multitasking. I just installed Kinoma free and still need to try it out a few more times before I pass judgement on it.
Long stroy short. I will most def. be getting a higher class card as soon as I find one at a good price.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

i had this same problem with my tp1. The problem is when there are hella songs on your memory card, the music player takes for ever to load them all. My 16gb is almost full, only 2gb remain and it loads up hella slow, I think its the amount of music i have. even windows media player takes awhile to load them up the first time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2