PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 01:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
AUTOMATIC in-call recording, saves to storage, etc.

I have been using the Enable In-Call Recording tweak, but it has some issues, such as taking about 5 MB's per minute, and only storing it to the phones memory, which will cause problems on a long call. Then I noticed this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=536472

Hopefully this isn't a re-post. This allows you to store the files anywhere, and adjust a lot of things, including 8 or 16 bit, sample rate for 8k to 192k, and 2 types of .wav files. I find the GSM 6.10 files take a fraction of the space as the other type (PCM). I tried all sorts of configuarations, and when with 192k, 16 bit (seems to be little difference in file size from 8 bit), GSM 6.10, "Ask to Save Call", "Record Incoming Calls", and "Record Outgoing Calls". The "Ask to Save Call" brings up a box that allows you to choose Yes or No, so you can leave it set to the Auto Recording In & Out, and still not save more than what you want.

However, the last call is always saved as Last Call.wav (or something like that), so if you say No by accident, you can get it back if you after made another call yet. That file gets re-written with every call.

I also have an issue with the old Enable In-Call Recording program. I CAN'T REMOVE IT. Tried the re-install trick, etc. It doesn't interfere with this new one, so no biggie, but I'd rather get it out of there. Anyone run accross this issue?

EDIT: CAB ATTACHED BELOW
Attached Files
File Type: cab ACR Version 1.2.2.CAB (360.4 KB, 247 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by TheBundo; 10-13-2009 at 01:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 15 times.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:39 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: AUTOMATIC in-call recording, saves to storage, etc.

One more thing, this new one does tend to "over-modulate" a little, but that is a good trade-off for the ability to use storage cards, and totally flexibility. If any of you find optimum settings, please post.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Just just was on a call, and got another call on call-waiting, switched over, etc. It handled the whole call quite well. It even puts the name on the file, if it's in your contacts, or the phone number, or Restricted. VERY COOL APP, much better than the original Enable InCall Recording (which I can't get removed, but doesn't seem to interfere)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Thanks, i'll give it a try.

Wasn't aware of all the limitations of the standard InCall Recording. Maybe there is a registry setting that can change where recordings are stored for the standard?
Old 10-13-2009, 04:15 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
Thanks, i'll give it a try.

Wasn't aware of all the limitations of the standard InCall Recording. Maybe there is a registry setting that can change where recordings are stored for the standard?
Even so, at 5 minutes a Meg, the standard will eat up even a large card without some "housekeeping". This will record about 50 times as much per Meg, and maybe can't even be set to use as much (perhaps on the other setting (NOT the GSM 6.1 setting, forget what it's called)) at 192 k, it will use as much, but using GSM 6.1 it's FAR less.

This one makes it impossible to forget to record, or start too late, and having to pull it away from your ear and do the menu thing, etc. Yet, you can say No to saving it at the end if you like.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPCT7380 Touch Pro2 and 4 PPC-6850 TP

rsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuff

I am trying it and so far I do like it. getting ready to play back a conversation now. Thanks for the find.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

IGGUS is keeping up the good workIGGUS is keeping up the good work

Installed but nothing to report back yet. Definitely looks better so THANKS!
Old 10-13-2009, 07:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jkdkaliman is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I have been using the Enable In-Call Recording tweak, but it has some issues, such as taking about 5 MB's per minute, and only storing it to the phones memory, which will cause problems on a long call. Then I noticed this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=536472

Hopefully this isn't a re-post. This allows you to store the files anywhere, and adjust a lot of things, including 8 or 16 bit, sample rate for 8k to 192k, and 2 types of .wav files. I find the GSM 6.10 files take a fraction of the space as the other type (PCM). I tried all sorts of configuarations, and when with 192k, 16 bit (seems to be little difference in file size from 8 bit), GSM 6.10, "Ask to Save Call", "Record Incoming Calls", and "Record Outgoing Calls". The "Ask to Save Call" brings up a box that allows you to choose Yes or No, so you can leave it set to the Auto Recording In & Out, and still not save more than what you want.

However, the last call is always saved as Last Call.wav (or something like that), so if you say No by accident, you can get it back if you after made another call yet. That file gets re-written with every call.

I also have an issue with the old Enable In-Call Recording program. I CAN'T REMOVE IT. Tried the re-install trick, etc. It doesn't interfere with this new one, so no biggie, but I'd rather get it out of there. Anyone run accross this issue?

EDIT: CAB ATTACHED BELOW

Thanks +1
Old 10-18-2009, 12:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

This post has just sloved a lot of my problems.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

KilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to KilgoreBA

Has anybody been able to associate any audio programs to be able to open these files up and play them? I can get WMP to play them, but only if I actually go into WMP and click file open and find them.

I also tried associating .wav files to CorePlayer. It allowed me to open up the files by clicking on them in File Explorer, but there is no sound. I am stumped...
Radio 2.23.00WV
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2