PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 09:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

devicemanager is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Slide 2 Unlock Landscape Mode Question...

I recently installed S2Us 2.04 and everything works great after a reboot however when I am in wake up the phone in landscape mode the image gets messed up and can not be unlocked. It looks like it is being layered on top of itself over and over. I then have to close the keyboard and turn off the screen and turn it back on to get the slide to unlock to function properly. Anyone experience this or know what setting I need to change on the spread sheet?
Old 10-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Siflan is keeping up the good workSiflan is keeping up the good work
Re: Slide 2 Unlock Landscape Mode Question...

Did you go into S2U2 settings and change your landscape wallpaper? If not, you might want to try that 'cause your portrait pic will not size right in landscape mode, thus, renderin' it "layered". It happened to me too. Now the problem is gone.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

S2U2 config tool > Advanced > Display Mode > [Change to] Raw Buffer, Save.

There are reports that this does not work all the time, but it has worked for me without fail so far.

There are at least three threads in this forum about this problem--do a search if you want to read more.

Cheers.
I see people posting their connection speed--but why? It's one thing to show EVDO/HSDPA speeds, but I see people posting wired connections and I am puzzled (especially when the speed is not all that impressive). So, in that spirit, I will post mine:

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:55 AM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82152

Old 10-13-2009, 11:21 AM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

You know... I had the very same problem. Not to mention my battery life was cut like 20% and I am being conservative. So...
I switched to Pocket Shield. I liked it but I started having problems with my phone's phone features like the ringer would not ring and I could not return calls from the call history screen... So. I deleted it last night. I haven't checked to make sure the phone issues are resolved but I hope they are. Now I am just pressing and holding the end button on my phone to lock it so I don't butt dial anyone. Seems to be a good solution for me.
p.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

snovvman is right - working with the stock wallpaper - got to mess around with some of the settings - but thanks a lot people!
Old 10-13-2009, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

paul i noticed a drastic decrease it battery life just today - alread down 2 bars but did make a few calls today - i'll keep you posted how i make out.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Ok. Thanx.
I also heard that if you purchase Pocket Shield, all the bugs go away. That's bordering on extortion lol.
Why can't it just work at install? I liked the look of it cuz you don't look like an iPhone fanboy when you slide to answer heheh.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Something weird has just started happening - the s2u2 in landscape works fine after a reset and few a few hours after that. Then it goes back to being all blurry and layered looking. Power off/on all is good for another short time. Anyone have a clue?
Old 10-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

someone mentioned it in one of the other threads (linked above)... certain apps will change it back to directdraw, s2u2 settings will still say raw buffer though.

I don't think there is a fix to permanently keep it on raw buffer until AC releases a new version.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2