PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: Verizon

skillzo1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Saving email attachment pic as a backround???

Hey guys, i've been trying for about an hour now to save a picture as my backround. I got it as an attachment through an email. First it seems to be saving to an odd place...\program files\connections\mail attachments. I would like it to go right to my album.

But now when i go to make it my backround, there is no sort of option to do so. I've tried all other options listed but nothing works. Anyone know how to get this to work?
Old 10-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76
Re: Saving email attachment pic as a backround???

If the background is an attachment, once you download it, it should show as a link in the email. If you tap and hold down, it should ask you to save. When this happens, you should be able to select where you want to save it.

To set it as your background, go to settings in the tflo interface. then select wallpaper. From there, browse to where you saved it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKevin76 View Post
If the background is an attachment, once you download it, it should show as a link in the email. If you tap and hold down, it should ask you to save. When this happens, you should be able to select where you want to save it.

To set it as your background, go to settings in the tflo interface. then select wallpaper. From there, browse to where you saved it.

Its not though. When i click on the attachment it opens it up. Then when i tap the image, it gives me options to send as a txt and stuff. It also gives me an option to save screen image, wich i have been chosing. But it's not letting me chose a destination to save it to. It is just going to where i mentioned in my original post. There it gives me NO option to move it to a picture album, or no option to set it as my backround.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

don't open the attachment once u've downloaded to ur device. use ur stylus...and click and hold til u see a context menu come up for the attachment...then you shld be able to save it to wherever u want.

also...in album...u can bring up different folders that hve image files...it shld be listed in the menu softkey on the bottom right...remember when u chnge the bckgrnd...u need to goto settings/wallpaper do not choose default.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

now what about transfering files/pics/apps to your storage card, that you have saved on your device.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

xr7kid is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillzo1 View Post
now what about transfering files/pics/apps to your storage card, that you have saved on your device.
copy & paste?
Old 10-12-2009, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr7kid View Post
copy & paste?
Ok under storage card i made a new folder called apps...that i will copy and paste them to. Now in that new folder that i have created i seem to have run out of room to paste more apps. Meaning when i hold my stylus on the screen no option for paste comes up anymore. Do i have to make a second folder to continue transfering apps to my card? Also when i first transfer the cab to the phone from the comp, when it asks me to save to the device or card, how do i get it to transfer to the folder of my choice?

Last edited by skillzo1; 10-12-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work

Use file manager. Go to where you have the cab file on your device. Touch and hold down on the file. When the menu comes up, select cut. Then go to your app dir on your storage card and paste it. If you use cut, you won't have duplicates of your cab file and you won't have to go back and delete it. Now I'm talking about cutting the cab file itself. If you are just doing the cab file, you don't have to worry about reinstalling the app.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKevin76 View Post
Use file manager. Go to where you have the cab file on your device. Touch and hold down on the file. When the menu comes up, select cut. Then go to your app dir on your storage card and paste it. If you use cut, you won't have duplicates of your cab file and you won't have to go back and delete it. Now I'm talking about cutting the cab file itself. If you are just doing the cab file, you don't have to worry about reinstalling the app.
Ok kevin, thanks for that, but now like the post before this, i am not getting an option to paste whatever i cut/copy. Is it possible that i filled up the folder i created and have to make another? Cause when i hold my stylus on the screen, then that little circle thing comes up and gives a menu. Paste is not an option anymore since there is no more room in the newly created folder. There are only about 19 files in there.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Using file explorer, after you cut your file, go to your new folder. Once there, press menu at the bottom of the screen. Under menu you will see edit with a greater/less than sign. Tap that and you will see cut/copy/paste options.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2