PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 10:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: Verizon

skillzo1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please help, phone running VERY slow.

Hey can anyone give me a hand on getting my phone back to running smoothly. I don't know what the problem is. I have no programs really running.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: Please help, phone running VERY slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillzo1 View Post
Hey can anyone give me a hand on getting my phone back to running smoothly. I don't know what the problem is. I have no programs really running.
Can you be more specific? What all do you have installed on the phone? And does it run slow right after a soft reset?

EDIT: Also I noticed that you don't have a specific phone in your profile so I am assuming you have a touch pro 2.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:24 AM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Try to use an app to clean RAM.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I have a few things installed on the phone. They are all saved to the phone and NOT the card. It does seem fastest after a soft reset but then slows down.

4 columns
co7vzw logo
cmylxgo
colored call history
colored dialer
contact changer
crystal clock
enable all camera modes
facebook tilt
facebook v1.0
fim.mosko.mobile
hd wobble
mobile matt crystal clock white
music id by funkey
netcfv35
no bottom cernet
oxiosmemory
personalizer 3.1
photovieweralpha
samsung midomi
sdkcert
spbbackup2
speedbooster
spikes micneo taskbar
ssk tp2 dynamic
su sd files
tcmdpocketerarm
td2 no top curtain
tmz rotatescreen
tswowentaskbar2
Old 10-11-2009, 11:33 AM

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
I have a few things installed on the phone. They are all saved to the phone and NOT the card. It does seem fastest after a soft reset but then slows down.
This may sound like a silly question but how often do you soft reset your phone? I ask because my girlfriend can be as much as a power user as I am at times and she will go for weeks and not do one single soft reset then she will come running to me complaining that its slow as hell. When I get the phone there are like 64664651 apps running in the background with ram use at 95%. Anyway I really don't think the average person does a soft reset very often atleast not until they have to, but me personally I do a soft reset every morning. And like Javier said you might want to get an app that cleans your ram if you don't feel like soft resetting at the time.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:45 AM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Yes my friend you definally need a cleam RAM app, i recomend you to use HTCaddicts cleam RAM(set to level 3, then SKtools has an auto clean option that could help you as well. Good luck, iam sure everybody using a WM device has a cleam RAM app, definally need it.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

http://pocketnow.com/software-1/clea...-more-features your welcome this programs works so much better then memaid and oxios and its FREE. I run it on level 3 when I feel my phone slowing up and bam back to fast again. One guy above recommended it and here is the link for it works wonders trust me!
Old 10-11-2009, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
This may sound like a silly question but how often do you soft reset your phone? I ask because my girlfriend can be as much as a power user as I am at times and she will go for weeks and not do one single soft reset then she will come running to me complaining that its slow as hell. When I get the phone there are like 64664651 apps running in the background with ram use at 95%. Anyway I really don't think the average person does a soft reset very often atleast not until they have to, but me personally I do a soft reset every morning. And like Javier said you might want to get an app that cleans your ram if you don't feel like soft resetting at the time.

I would say i soft reset whenever it seems to be running slow. But lately i've been doing it more cause of it's slowlyness. This may be a silly question also.

How much ram should i be using around? And how do i check if programs are running in the backround? I've thanked you for your time and help.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I have hit the thank you button for everyone.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
I would say i soft reset whenever it seems to be running slow. But lately i've been doing it more cause of it's slowlyness. This may be a silly question also.

How much ram should i be using around? And how do i check if programs are running in the backround? I've thanked you for your time and help.
Thats not a silly question at all my friend. Sometimes I have had 90%+ and it was still running flawlessly and other times I had to reset just depending on what I was doing. But on a soft reset with no tweaks with touchflo turned on you should be around mid 50% and with typical use would increase to mid 60% and with heavier use to around mid 70% to low 80%(this is based on personal experience of course). With touchflo on with tweaks you can probably subtract 15% to 20% off of each figure. I cant say what it would be with touchflo off since I always use touchflo. Just using stock memory options it won't show everything that is running in the background. Opera is an excellent example of that, even though you close out of the program itself, it will still be running in the background but this helps if you have to open it again as it pops right back up on the last page you viewed but off course that in itself uses alot of ram.

EDIT: Also keep in mind that I am talking about the sprint version which is loaded with all kinds of bloatware

Last edited by themuffinman; 10-11-2009 at 01:15 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2