PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Am I the only one that doesn't get the "multi-touch" fad?

I don't get the benefit. Every time I See the leo mentioned they are pushing that it has multitouch because its a capacitive screen, rather than the overall accuracy benefits of capactive (in theory).

Then you see the video demonstrations.... to hands sometimes!! How is that better/quicker than double tap??!!?! And they always seem to have such a hard time doing it.

"It has multitouch, just like the iphone!"

Bahhh... Don't get me wrong, the leo pitches a little tent in my pants.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and loving it
Carrier: Verizon

whatsinaname is just getting started
Re: Am I the only one that doesn't get the "multi-touch" fad?

Nope you are not alone. I have always found multi touch gets in the way of things. like laptop track-pads. I end up zooming in, or something. I only need one touch, not multi
I have always felt that multitouch was thought up by some marketing student needing a thesis topic.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It's very convenient in some cases, but if it was to disappear from my ipod touch all of a sudden, I wouldn't care much about it
Old 10-09-2009, 01:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

butler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good work

Yeah, I'm not very concerned about it either. Double-tap or the hardware zoom bar work just fine and are easy to use with one hand. Plus you don't look like a dork that way.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:12 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i personally like double tap alot better, but having that cap. screen will make a great difference for the touch screen accuracy. i believe it is a fair sacrafice i'm willing to give up to get a cap. screen. not for the leo because that phone is way too big, but for a real touch pro 3, meaning its has a keyboard and isnt outrageously big, imho
Google is the next skynet

Last edited by p-slim; 10-09-2009 at 01:18 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

it would be great for gaming... it would open a door of possibilities that wasn't available for Windows Mobile in the past. It's not just about zooming and one handed usability...
but yea, i think people think multi-touch too soon before thinking about how responsive a capacitive screen would be in general.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

fuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stuff

It isn't a mystery. Multi-touch is pure flash. Consumers are going to respond more to that than "better accuracy". I'm not saying that it isn't going to be a useful feature.... its just marketing. They know what points to focus on to get the majority's hearts a-pumpin'
Old 10-09-2009, 02:14 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

I'm impartial. I'd enjoy multi-touch but won't miss it if I don't have it.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:53 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i agree with op, they always look like they have trouble zooming in. but doesnt it also support double tapping?????????
Old 10-09-2009, 06:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Actually, I LOVE the way I can quickly/easily zoom on internet pages with my 2nd gen ipod touch.

If I have both my TP2 & my ipod with me & need to do some fast google lookup etc, I grab the ipod 100% of the time & tether it to the TP2 with WMWIfiRouter.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2