PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question about Stock Calendar in 6.5

I really don't like the stock calendar on my TP2. It's not finger friendly, it doesn't have a weekly view, it's hard for my old eyes to read....the list goes on.

Right now I'm using a demo of Thumbcal and it's great, but my question is:
Is the 6.5 calendar better than 6.1? What are the changes? Does it have a weekly view and can you edit it without the stylus? In other words, once 6.5 comes out will I still need thumbcal?

I'm asking this because I'm trying to decide whether to pay $20 for thumbcal or just wait for 6.5.

Any suggestions?
Old 10-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff
Re: Question about Stock Calendar in 6.5

From what I recall, WinMo 6.5 doesn't have any improvements to the basic calendar. However, if you want a better calendar that's skinned well and shows improvements in TF3D, you will see one w/ the 2.5 update.

The new calendar tab is in the following youtube video-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkP0n...eature=related

It'll have new displays like weekly, agenda and year, and even goes far enough so that when you make a new appointment..it'll all be done within TF3D. Pretty much, you'll never see WinMo's calendar again.

To get TF3D 2.5 though, we'll need the Hard SPL to be unlocked. Once that's done, I'm sure we'll find tons of cooks putting TF3D 2.5 into their ROMs, which is what most of us users on this forum are looking forward to anyways.

Last edited by JokeZony0u; 10-08-2009 at 11:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!
Threadstarter

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks for the info,, that's what I was looking for.
I thought I read that the stock Winmo 6.5 update from HTC would also include TF3D 2.5. Sounds like I'll hang on a bit and see what shows up.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:37 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Yeah definitely looking forward to 2.5/2.6 release of TF3D... the improvements to home screen, contacts, and calendar make me think it might finally convince me to leave Spb Mobile Shell.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2