PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jdslkhfg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Youtube connection issues

I am unable to watch any videos with the youtube player that was preinstalled, or if I use the browser to go to youtube.com.

It will load the site, let me see the thumbnail images but when I click watch video it attempts to connect for a few seconds then I get "Error: This video cannot be played"

There was a point in time that this did work, and I do not know when it stopped working or what caused it. I have other streaming media apps like SpbTV and those connect fine.

I've tried updating the profiles, fireware and PRL. I've deleted the #777 and tried updating profiles again. I tried to change the active profile from 0 to 1 but when I opened ##3282# it was already set at 1, plus it asks for my lock code and I have no idea what that even means.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 10-08-2009, 03:00 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007
Re: Youtube connection issues

Try RE- intalling the youtube application, iam sure is on here on this site.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jdslkhfg is a n00b

The app is part of the push internet attached to the browser. It isn't something I installed.

I will try to install a youtube application and see if this makes any difference... If it was just the application, why would it effect the regular web youtube?
Old 10-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jdslkhfg is a n00b

I installed the youtube app... with mixed results. The application works and I can view youtube, so I consider it a success. I'm still unable to play videos with the preinstalled software or through the browser.

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:02 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Try CorePlayer to play the videos, and you're welcome glad i can help you.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

cnoevl21 is keeping up the good workcnoevl21 is keeping up the good work

I dont know how to help you with the app problem, but to view youtube in the browser you need to either get the skyfire browser or go to the you tube mobile page. m.youtube.com

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2