PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO,TP2,Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Left handed question?

I am left handed and normally get along in this right handed world just fine. But when holding my Pro2 in my left hand the keyboard slides out slightly...almost dropped until I got used to it. If I hold it in my right hand the pressure of my hand holds the keyboard closed. Also, the icons for many things are on the right side so while I can still select them, (a little harder) my hand covers the screen while using one hand.

I was wondering if any other left handers out there with PRO2 had similar problems?

Maybe, once we start getting new ROMS a left handed cook can make a left handed ROM.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:11 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel
Re: Left handed question?

My husband is left handed. I'll tell you what I tell him ...

"You're a lonely apple in an orange world."

and then I stare at him like he doesn't know they are roll over minutes. LOL

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 10-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Well I am also left handed and I really don't have that much of a problem, if any, handling the phone or using it with my left hand.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Well I am also left handed and I really don't have that much of a problem, if any, handling the phone or using it with my left hand.

I'm not saying it's really much of a problem...but I tried to use my right hand for a while and noticed it worked much better one handed. I would use my right hand more...but I am afraid I will drop my phone. I had the same problems with my diamond...so I can live with it, but after using my right hand it made me realize how much easier it works the other way.

Left handed people are the only ones in their "RIGHT" mind..
Old 10-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My xv6800 keyboard slid out the opposite way that my TP and TP2 do (similar to what you are describing with the TP2 being left handed.) I actually prefered the direction that the keyboard went on my 6800 because I usually held it in my right hand it was easier to open. I used the keyboard all the time.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:56 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Odd...I'm left handed too, and for that reason alone I hold the TP2 in my right hand so I can hold the stylus in my left...just as I would with any writing utencil. I don't really use it one-handed per se, and even if I'm not using the stylus, I'm tapping with fingers on my left hand.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 700w>Apache>Titan>i760>TP1>i770>TP2!!!
Carrier: VZW

skipster is just getting started

As a fellow leftie, What I have done is using SPB Mobile shell configured my icons for left-hand use. Just a matter of preference for ease of finger use.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher61 View Post
I'm not saying it's really much of a problem...but I tried to use my right hand for a while and noticed it worked much better one handed. I would use my right hand more...but I am afraid I will drop my phone. I had the same problems with my diamond...so I can live with it, but after using my right hand it made me realize how much easier it works the other way.

Left handed people are the only ones in their "RIGHT" mind..
Now that I think about it, it really depends on what I am doing. If I am just standing around using the phone with one hand it is usually in my left hand but if I am driving and I have to send a quick text then I will keep my left hand on the wheel with my pro in my right hand and its just as comfortable for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
Odd...I'm left handed too, and for that reason alone I hold the TP2 in my right hand so I can hold the stylus in my left...just as I would with any writing utencil. I don't really use it one-handed per se, and even if I'm not using the stylus, I'm tapping with fingers on my left hand.
If using the phone with both hands I would usually hold it with my left hand and use the stylus with my right hand or use my right index finger.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher61 View Post
I would use my right hand more...but I am afraid I will drop my phone.
Ok, if you are afraid of dropping your phone (I am as well.) Why don't you use a camera strap (you know how they all have a little this strap you can slide your hand through) and put it on your TP2. Thats what I did. If you look at the back of your phone, on the very bottom there is a lil hole. Now if you take the back off the phone, look at the bottom. There is like a little P or T (kinda looks like a bubble P but filled in) tab. Slide the strap through the back of the phone (lil hole) and then slide it over the P or T. Then put the back on and your good to go, you now have a strap you can slide over your wrist and have it secure.
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipster View Post
As a fellow leftie, What I have done is using SPB Mobile shell configured my icons for left-hand use. Just a matter of preference for ease of finger use.
I love Mobile Shell...have used it since it came out... worked great on my Diamond. But causes problems on my pro2... Hopefully they will fix the issues that many pro2 owners have complained about on their forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
Yeah, if I am making a call the phone is in my left hand and use my left hand for most things except when using the stylus. Then, the phone goes in my right hand and stylus in my left. I do lots of things right handed, even play guitar right handed even though I am left handed.... I think thats why as a kid I had a hard time telling my left from my right...I did things with both hands.

When they start making roms... I might cook my own just to see if a left handed one would work better.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2