PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

fuzzybabybunny is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to get TP2 for cheaper?

I'm on Sprint and I can't stand my original Touch Pro anymore.

1. I've still got a year and a half more to go before I qualify for any phone upgrade discount.

2. I've had to get my phone replaced 3 times for bad quality issues. Probably a 4th time by tomorrow because the right D-pad doesn't work.

3. I don't qualify for the corporate discount.

Can I argue to get a discount on the TP2 based on number 2? What other options are there for getting a TP2 for less than the $400+ price on eBay?

If I were to get a TP2 on eBay, would I HAVE to get a Sprint one? Or can the Telus, Verizon, and TMobile versions still work?
Old 10-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Android Groupie
Pocket PC: Nexus One & EVO
Carrier: T-Mobile & Sprint

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice
Re: How to get TP2 for cheaper?

Sprint won't activate any one else's phones on thier network, and the Sprint TP2 is locked somehow into not allowing US GSM carriers. You will probably have trouble getting Verizon to add a non-verizon phone to their network, but the Verizon TP2 is unlockable as long as you can get the SIM unlock code for it. Otherwise, you may as well just go with the GSM carriers and get one from them, however there are differences in all of the versions. One in particular is that the GSM models lack the headphone jack on the bottom compared to CDMA.

As far as being on Sprint, you have to get the Sprint version, and we already had a long enough thread about getting the price-match, etc. However, that was closed, so go read through that thread for tips because it would be inappropriate to try and start it back up.

Last edited by electronicrice; 10-05-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro Touch 2 (VZW)
Carrier: VZW

Pride is becoming a great contributor

Walk into the store and suduce one of the women there, bring her back to your place, do the thing for the thing and bada bing bada boom, your be her gf and then you use her family discount and stuff and break up with her a month later. lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Oh Boy! Here we go again!
Old 10-05-2009, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro Touch 2 (VZW)
Carrier: VZW

Pride is becoming a great contributor
Talking Re: How to get TP2 for cheaper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Oh Boy! Here we go again!
whaaaaaaaaaattttt?

lol
Old 10-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE / Stock ICS 4.0.3
Carrier: The Now Network

fceeviper is keeping up the good workfceeviper is keeping up the good workfceeviper is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride View Post
Walk into the store and suduce one of the women there, bring her back to your place, do the thing for the thing and bada bing bada boom, your be her gf and then you use her family discount and stuff and break up with her a month later. lol
Old 10-05-2009, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

fuzzybabybunny is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicrice View Post
Sprint won't activate any one else's phones on thier network, and the Sprint TP2 is locked somehow into not allowing US GSM carriers. You will probably have trouble getting Verizon to add a non-verizon phone to their network, but the Verizon TP2 is unlockable as long as you can get the SIM unlock code for it. Otherwise, you may as well just go with the GSM carriers and get one from them, however there are differences in all of the versions. One in particular is that the GSM models lack the headphone jack on the bottom compared to CDMA.

As far as being on Sprint, you have to get the Sprint version, and we already had a long enough thread about getting the price-match, etc. However, that was closed, so go read through that thread for tips because it would be inappropriate to try and start it back up.
Thanks!

I did read through a bit of that thread - I guess people aren't having luck getting even a discount on the TP2 if their original TPs break 5, 6, 7 times?

I guess that being on Sprint I HAVE to go with a Sprint TP2. I have the SERO plan, so I can't afford to go with another carrier, so I guess the Verizon TP2 having a sim unlock code is a moot point for me.

I have a feeling the price match isn't going to work since most of the sales reps should be tipped off by now that the price is only for corporate customers.

Where else besides eBay sells these things?
Old 10-05-2009, 08:58 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

If its being replaced for faulty issues. Call the Retentions Department and negotiate to get the TP2 (offer to buy it under a 1 or 2 year contract, so they are knowing you will pay SOME money) and theres a good chance they may actually let you get the phone at contract rate and move on

I mean, you have to be paying a decent amount of cash.. 60$ a month plus? They make that back in a heartbeat especially when they only lose 150-200 in the contract price. Plus you lock yourself in for 1-2 more years so they're happy

here's what I think is your best chance for a TP2

Call Retentions, complain how you're sick of the poor phone quality and are going to switch to verizon if this doesn't stop. You just jumped on board but didnt think this is how sprint did business with such phone quality

then tell them your problem with the phone CALMLY (yelling will just get you hung up) and also mention the past returns.

BullS**** yourself along until you get to a point you think is best to mention the TP2 as a settlement (Or perhaps see if the man says "What can I do to keep you with Sprint?"

At that point, ask if you can pay 350 and get a contract with the TP2, for at least a higher quality phone.

There you go,

this usually works, but you just resigned your contract. Thats the only buster in this chance

Last edited by Laos101; 10-05-2009 at 09:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride View Post
You mean make her give you a discount to put your shirt back on? thats a great idea.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 with MR3
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kdjameson is keeping up the good workkdjameson is keeping up the good work

I read from an "inside source" that Sprint is about to reduce their price for TP2 to $199, just like Verizon. FWIW. Just wait a bit if you're on Sprint and didn't buy one yet.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2