PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 01:52 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ringer Association Problem??

First off...I posted this in the Mobile Shell section, but not sure that is the problem now, so I am posting here for some help...

My ringers are all messed up! Anybody have any problems with custom ring tones?

Heres the deal...I have lots of custom mp3 files for contacts. They have been working fine...now, they just quit...they are all showing correct in both the "WM contacts", and Mobile Shell "set ringtone"...but only the default ringtone that is set under today, settings, notification plays (all the mp3 files "play" when I assign them in pocket Outlook, but when I exit, only the default works)

Anybody have a clue why? I have even done a Sprite restore from a couple days ago, when all was fine...but these are messes up as well.

I completely uninstalled Mobile Shell, and all MS files on my PPC, and it is still screwed up! (I just reinstalled Mobile Shell, same issue)

Any ideas/solutions are greatly appreciated!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:10 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel
Re: Ringer Association Problem??

You say they are showing correct ... but did you click on one in the contact to see if it will play? That would happen to me if the path got messed up on a back up or something. If you click it inside the contact and it doesn't play, just click the dropdown and reassign ... the path is messed up.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 10-05-2009, 11:34 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
You say they are showing correct ... but did you click on one in the contact to see if it will play? That would happen to me if the path got messed up on a back up or something. If you click it inside the contact and it doesn't play, just click the dropdown and reassign ... the path is messed up.
When I click the contact, within pocket outlook it plays correct...when I then look within Mobile Shell, "set ringtone"...it just vibrates; no sound??

I don't get it! It was working fine...Anyway to view the actual path to check it?
Old 10-05-2009, 11:52 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I don't know how to look at the path, but I use MS3.5 as well and when I loaded my contacts (backed up on Microsoft MyPhone) I never messed with the contacts in Mobile Shell. My ringtones all work fine. Almost every contact I have has their own ringtone which I made. They are MP3s and I have them loaded on my phone memory in the \My Documents\My Ringtones folder.

Hope some of this information helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:52 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I got it to work by completely uninstalling MS 3.5 (and deleting all files from MS that were in my device) I then reinstalled just 3.5 (I had upgraded from 3.1, and installed over it originally)...After putting it all back together...it works!

ALSO, It seems like my device is no longer showing "laggy" symptions, which I noticed before from MS 3.5...I think installing over 3.1 caused some issues, so for this alone, I recommend a clean install, not over 3.1...oh well, I digress...All is good now...hopefully will stay this way!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2