PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

fuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Awesome alternative to S2U2 and default WM lock function

It's called Throttlelock.

Here is a link to the site:

http://www.throttlelauncher.com/port.../ThrottleLock/

I've been looking for an alternative to the default windows lock screen, since I cant run around without security on my phone. The problem with the wm lock screen is that it doesn't show the time and the battery meter at the same time, so you have to choose. And having to key in your pin every time just to check out the clock, or for any reason, is cumbersome. S2U2 is extremely buggy for me, and the security also uses a pin code.

What's cool about this program is that instead of using a pin code, you create a pattern on a grid of dots and you can just slide your thumb around the dots to enter your unlock pattern. The size of the grid is user-definable, so you can increase the size of the grid and create an extremely secure unlock pattern that can also quickly and easily unlock your device.

Here is a video showing how easily your unlock pattern can be entered:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mXRjpSghwE

The latest release also has a 3d effect based that utilizes the 3D sensor. I'm not too fond of it, but some of you may like it. I've disabled it from the user settings.

Here is a video of the 3d effect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iskiWcHwdfM

It works perfectly on the TP2, and it's so nice not having to key in a pin. Hope you guys find it as useful as I have.

Edit:
I've attached the cab for those of you who are having problems accessing the site.
Attached Files
File Type: cab ThrottleLock0.7.1.cab (563.0 KB, 54 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by fuuup; 10-07-2009 at 03:04 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Awesome alternative to S2U2 and default WM lock function

I tried that app at one point (I use PocketShield now).

I had occasional problems answering the phone when it rang (it would refuse to unlock until the call had been dumped to VM) so I dumped it.

~John
Old 10-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

I had occasional problems answering the phone when it rang (it would refuse to unlock until the call had been dumped to VM) so I dumped it.

~John

same here! i never used it on my tp2 but i tried it on my tp1 a few months ago and sometimes it wouldn't allow me to answer incoming calls. If not for that it would have been great. Now with my tp2 i use s2u2 w/passcode
Old 10-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

fuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

~John
It seems to work fine now with the new 0.7.1 version. PocketSheild is pretty smooth, but it doesn't have any kind of authentication method... not that I could find anyway.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

S2u2 still works ok.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work

I use pocketshield myself, when there is a call coming in or you have to unlock very quickly to do something that seems a bit cumbersome...but cool idea. the 3d effect looks pretty neat i must say
Old 10-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I find it kind of strange that you guys don't run any kind of authentication software on your phones. Aren't you concerned about someone being able to access your data if your phone is lost or stolen?

Last edited by fuuup; 10-07-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKS06460 View Post
How is this on the battery ?
I'm using S2U2 and I like it, but it seems to be adding a significant drain to the battery.
For me there hasn't been any noticeable difference between running this and running the default WM locker. I'm sure there will be extra battery drain if you keep the 3d g-sensor option enabled, but for normal locking purposes, it doesn't really use up battery.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Banned User
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I tried this and wasn't too impressed. Sliding button screen was too buggy and was not as responsive as I thought. Don't bother if you want more than 3x4 dots for your unlocking screen; it just wasn't that consistent.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuuup View Post
I find it kind of strange that you guys don't run any kind of authentication software on your phones. Aren't you concerned about someone being able to access you data if your phone is lost or stolen?
what type of authentication do you suggest?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2