PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rapidshare is so...

...SLOW!

lots of files to download, so much time...
Old 10-04-2009, 01:59 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Rapidshare is so...

Maybe you would like to try some of these options to speed things along. It really depends on how much you are really trying to use it though.

Here are some hints to help you more efficently use rapidshare. Skipping waiting time and bypassing download limits are rapidshare hacks that everybody should know.

Rapidshare has been an excellent tool for sharing large files. Recently users have discovered ways of bypassing the download limits and skipping the waiting time. Here are a description of these methods.
Update: Two new methods of bypassing download limits have been posted. These are more advanced and may require additional software or hardware, but you should check them out when you are done with these easier methods:
RapidShare: NIC tricks and MAC cloning to bypass download limit
Rapidshare traces the users IP address to limit each user to a certain amount of downloading per day. To get around this, you need to show the rapidshare server a different IP address.
Here are some methods for doing this:
1. Short-Out the JavaScript:
  • 1. Goto the page you want to download
    2. Select FREE button
    3. In the address bar put the following: javascript:alert(c=0)
    4. Click OK
    5. Click OK to the pop-up box
    6. Enter the captcha
    7. Download Your File
2. Request a new IP address from your ISP server.
  • Here’s how to do it in windows:
    1. Click Start
    2. Click run
    3. In the run box type cmd.exe and click OK
    4. When the command prompt opens type the following. ENTER after each new line.
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    exit5. Erase your cookies in whatever browser you are using.
    6. Try the rapidshare download again.
    Frequently you will be assigned a new IP address when this happens. Sometime you will, sometimes you will not. If you are on a fixed IP address, this method will not work. To be honest, I do not know how to do this in linux/unix/etc. If this works for you, you may want to save the above commands into a batch file, and just run it when you need it.
3. Use a proxy with SwitchProxy and Firefox:
4. Use an anonymous service:
  • Running your system through the tor network should in theory work; however, it is difficult to use and setup. Plus, you allow others to run their evil deeds through your system as well by using this system. Anonymizer 2005 is inexpensive, easy to use, but not free. Other pay services would likely work as well.
5. You can use a bookmarklet to stop your wait times:
  • 1. Open IE
    2. Right Click On This Link
    3. Select Add to Favorites
    4. Select Yes to the warning that the bookmark may be unsafe.
    5. Name it “RapidShare No Wait”
    6. Click on the Links folder (if you want to display it in your IE toolbar)
    7. Click OK
    8. You may need to close and reopen IE to see it
    9. Goto rapidshare and click the bookmarklet when you are forced to wait

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 10-04-2009, 03:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work

Rapidshare is pretty lame, personally ive been using www.speedyshare.com for upping small files..mostly .cabs no wait time no bs just quick and easy
Old 10-04-2009, 03:25 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

I like http://www.sendspace.com/ myself, for uploading and sharing links.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:33 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ya, rapidshare blows donkey wang,
It usually fails trying to just go to a rapidshare link, so I got to use either opera 4.2 or opera turbo to get to the free user page, then I turn off turbo or copy n paste the link from 4.2 into another browser, then about 50 % of the time it just shows the check mark like its done downloading but it hasnt downloaded nothing, so when this happens I got to copy n paste that link into my Computer browser and try and download it there then transfer it back onto my phone.

Pain in the Yin Yang, Damn Rapidshare
Old 10-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
Ya, rapidshare blows donkey wang,
It usually fails trying to just go to a rapidshare link, so I got to use either opera 4.2 or opera turbo to get to the free user page, then I turn off turbo or copy n paste the link from 4.2 into another browser, then about 50 % of the time it just shows the check mark like its done downloading but it hasnt downloaded nothing, so when this happens I got to copy n paste that link into my Computer browser and try and download it there then transfer it back onto my phone.

Pain in the Yin Yang, Damn Rapidshare
wow that sounds horrible. i feel sorry for you. thats a lot of messing around.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:27 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

On a PC, Rapidshare premium account + Flashget + Flashgot = Sweetness. I can download a lot of files by simply selecting them.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

for all that you could just be using usenet...but thats a whole nother discussion that we're not getting into
Old 10-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Banned User
Carrier: T-mobile
Threadstarter

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm just not really into paying to download free files.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker

in theory your paying for bandwidth but i agree

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2