PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 04:39 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)
Carrier: Sprint

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant
(Sprint) - GPS Issues

Brand new TP2 out of the box today...
Can not lock onto anything with GPS.....

I have tried to cabs from TobeyChris, nada. I have tried manually changing COM ports...nada...

I keep getting the message
"GPS Signal is weak. Please move to an open area and remain motionless until getting the GPS location."

Any idea's on what I can do?
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 10-03-2009, 04:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: (Sprint) - GPS Issues

Hopefully you ran QuickGPS, right? It's included in your software, and should be in the manual. Look under Programs on your phone (you may need to Hard Reset if you are close to unmodified, and have screwed up a lot of settings - you DON'T need to modify any settings). QuickGPS. This turkey is faster than locking on than any other GPS I've ever seen. If you just got it, and screwed up all your setting, do a Hard Reset, and SLOW DOWN on doing things until you READ READ READ. I read the entire manual from other carriers before I got mine, and EVERY thread in here (a lot less a month ago than now, now it is a bunch of repeat questions from folks who don't know how to search)
Old 10-03-2009, 04:58 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Threadstarter

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Yes..I ran quickGPS

Actually, before I posted, I hard reset, ran quick GPS, and then tried locking onto a sat, no luck.

And yes, I have been reading...and well, searching too.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Okay, sorry. How did you try locking on, with Google Maps, or what?
Old 10-03-2009, 08:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

A few questions. Did you try the gps outside? Do you live in an area with tall buildings around? If so, you might want to turn on aGPS. This can be done using Advanced Config v3.3. BTW, the GPS on this phone is a bit weak. I get no GPS lock in certain rooms of my house, but it works fine on the open road.

Last edited by mountainwampus; 10-03-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Using QuickGPS will fix this lag issue when you first receive the phone or perform a hard reset. I had the same trouble getting a GPS fix until I ran QuickGPS. Once I did that, I had a GPS lock within a second.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:18 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I didn't mess with anything except run QuickGPS and get fast locks right out of the box. Lawman, I think it is a hardware issue and you should call Sprint for an exchange.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 10-03-2009, 02:33 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Threadstarter

well, if it does not get any better today......
i will call for an exchange on monday.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

jmalu84 is a n00b

okay i had the same problem, i called sprint customer care and basically they will tell you "we need to refresh your GPS", they will have you call from a phone which is not your tp2 and follow some very easy instructions, all in all it took about 5-10 minutes to resolve, just tell them you need to have your GPS refreshed because it will not lock onto a signal no matter what, it solved my issue and i had the same problem as you...

good luck!
Old 10-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Lifestealer is a n00b

I did the following (via xda thread)

(Tested & provided by DGH)
A. With Advanced config nel menu GPS
disable A-GPS
disable GPS logging
logfile name must be empty
old logfile name must be empty
maximum size of logfile must be 0
delete the files :
\windows\GPSLogFile.txt and \windows\GPSLogFileBack.txt

With those changes car usage will be quite perfect

B. Then edit registry
Under: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\
Drivers\GpsOneDevice\PollInterval -> 100 (default is 1000)
Drivers\InputBufferSize -> 512 (default is 4096)
Drivers\OutputBufferSize -> 512 (default is 4096)
Drivers\SleepOnNoData -> 100 (default is 1000)
Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize -> 512 (by default not present, you have to create it)
With those tweaks pedestrian usage will be much better but not perfect.

I also updated GPS settings, disabled push internet (RAM is an issue with all the GPS programs I've used so far) and installed the advanced D3D driver (Doubt this helped.. but I did it in between so..).

I recently installed GPS Gate too. Almost instant lock on and no lag in either TomTom or iGo8.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2