PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 03:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Zap! is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
For the past three days, weather has been off by like 10 degrees

Have a Verizon TP2, and installed an updated weather cities database. All was highly accurate for Staten Island NY (always within a degree or two of any TV forecast), but three days ago the current temp and the entire 5 day forecast has been off by 10 or even 15 degrees. What gives?
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3924/signaturekny.png
Old 10-03-2009, 04:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: For the past three days, weather has been off by like 10 degrees

It may depend on where they get their data from. Staten Island may be highly variable, like the SF Bay Area. I've driven from San Fran south, and in stretches, saw my temp gauge in my car change one degree per mile, and also from Gilroy south. So who they get their data from (and where they are located) can be very important, if Staten Island has "micro-climates" like the Bay Area
Old 10-03-2009, 04:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Zap! is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
It may depend on where they get their data from. Staten Island may be highly variable, like the SF Bay Area. I've driven from San Fran south, and in stretches, saw my temp gauge in my car change one degree per mile, and also from Gilroy south. So who they get their data from (and where they are located) can be very important, if Staten Island has "micro-climates" like the Bay Area
No, Staten Island is tiny, it takes 25 minutes to drive from its two furthest points, and is never more than a degree or two outside of each end. It was working fine up until three days ago, but it's way off now.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
No, Staten Island is tiny, it takes 25 minutes to drive from its two furthest points, and is never more than a degree or two outside of each end. It was working fine up until three days ago, but it's way off now.
It could be an omen that the big East Coast Quake is about to happen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2