PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

xr7kid is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opera 'back' button is driving me crazy!

Whenever I'm done scrolling around a page I hit the back button expecting the previous page, however it just jumps up to where I last scrolled from or will do nothing and then the button blacks out! This is frustrating, and it happened on the official rom update for my Diamond too! Why is my copy of Opera retarded and how can I fix it? What version of Opera came with the Diamond shipped rom? I'd like to install that and link it to the Internet tab if possible. Halp!
Old 09-30-2009, 12:56 AM
gt3
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC ppc6800
Carrier: Sprint

gt3 is a n00b
Re: Opera 'back' button is driving me crazy!

I noticed this annoying problem as well...anyone with a fix?
Old 09-30-2009, 01:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work

same thing here. less than optimum design of opera.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:10 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Mobile is so slow compared to mini. I dont use it unless I need tabs and copy & paste.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PRE & Touch PRO2, but now Evo

dutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

bump. One of the brains here has to be able to fix this....
Old 10-03-2009, 08:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

I've got a fix! Use Opera Mini 4.2. It has a "stop" button that becomes "back" once the page is loaded and it's lightning fast.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

It's the same withe the tp2. I guess the update gave us the same copy of opera. Its a huge pain
Old 10-04-2009, 04:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainwampus View Post
I've got a fix! Use Opera Mini 4.2. It has a "stop" button that becomes "back" once the page is loaded and it's lightning fast.
Which phone do you put in to get the best compatibility with the TP2? The Touch, Mogul???
Old 10-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

this has got to be the dumbest feature of opera. i love opera and they pretty much took out the back button now? wow great job.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Which phone do you put in to get the best compatibility with the TP2? The Touch, Mogul???
Anyone know which one they are using? The Opera site list many HTC model, but non for the TP1 or 2. Which one do you find works the best?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2