PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 07:03 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
How Do I View Windows Directory on TP2 using Vista/Winmo Device Center

i browse to the phone and cannot see my windows directory.
have is sync'd through windows mobile device center on vista. can see everything but windows directory.
i am using a manila editor and need access to that directory from my home computer. on my xp machine i had not problem. i was able to sync with active sync and browse right to my windows directory.

if thats not possible how can i get all my *******_manila files from my win directory to my storage card or computer??
Old 09-29-2009, 07:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe
Re: How Do I View Windows Directory on TP2 using Vista/Winmo Device Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
i browse to the phone and cannot see my windows directory.
have is sync'd through windows mobile device center on vista. can see everything but windows directory.
i am using a manila editor and need access to that directory from my home computer. on my xp machine i had not problem. i was able to sync with active sync and browse right to my windows directory.

if thats not possible how can i get all my *******_manila files from my win directory to my storage card or computer??
In the folder options on your computer you need to turn on viewing hidden files as well as hidden system files in order to see them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:13 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe View Post
In the folder options on your computer you need to turn on viewing hidden files as well as hidden system files in order to see them.
i tried that, but it still didnt show up
Old 09-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

Quote:
i tried that, but it still didnt show up
i'll have to look when I get home then, it's been awhile since I've connected through activesync/wmdc.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

What banzaiwolfe said should work. Keep in mind it take a long time for the folder to show all the contents because it has to read so many files/folders over that USB connection. I prefer to use SOTI Pocket Controller to transfer files and manage the registry on the TP2 personally.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:56 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

i got that, but still will not show up. i have had it up for about an hour.
i am chosing the option to continue without setting up. is that a problem?
Old 09-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

i just set it up in winmo device center and still cannot see windows directory.
i am running the 64 bit vista. is that a problem?
Old 09-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
i just set it up in winmo device center and still cannot see windows directory.
i am running the 64 bit vista. is that a problem?
If you've set it up like you said, then that's (64-bit) the only problem I could see. And no, you do not need to setup the connection in order to browse the folder. There's not a GPO (PC on a domain with AD) or anything like that preventing you from browsing files is there?
Old 09-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Almost a VIP

What happens if you uncheck that checkbox that says "Hide Protected Protected Operating System Files"
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:07 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
There's not a GPO (PC on a domain with AD) or anything like that preventing you from browsing files is there?
no, nothing like that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2