PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 02:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell
TV Out - Video Out

Can someone confirm if Telus's TP2 come with the Tv Out - Video Out feature. I have no idea what happen to my TP2, I keep getting the Video Out pop up. When I try to select one of the options, it goes away.

This might sound cool, however the phones speaker no longer works, I have to use the speaker phone which is cutting out ever 5sec. When I try to conncet the phone to my PC via the usb cable, the headphone icon displays in the taskbar.

I think my TP2 has had a , too many mods I think. Heading back to Telus tomorrow for a new one

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 09-27-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

headshokfatty is just getting started
Re: TV Out - Video Out

Near as I can tell though all TP2's have the video out feature and it works flawlessly on my Sprint TP2. Have never had a speakerphone issue either. Did you install any audio cabs? I know the audiopara cab that was floating around here caused issues.

You should probably hard reset before taking a phone back. No offense, but Its not their fault you install a bunch of mods, and demanding that type of service only raises the costs for the rest of us.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:41 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ɯ,ı ʞooן
Pocket PC: 3rd GALAXY from the SUNG

rdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

i cant find my cord or i would conform this myself, but can you just plug the tv out cord into the 3.5 mm jack or do i still need to use my modded dongle from my tp1? if i dont get an answer i will post results as soon as i find out what my kids did with the ipod video cord...... might be a while
Old 09-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshokfatty View Post

You should probably hard reset before taking a phone back.
yeah, same thing i was thinking.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:15 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

ISSUEI have conducted many hard reset, but still nothing. The phone has now become virtually unusable. All issues persist even after the hard reset, the TV Out-Video out pop up occurs ever 15-sec or so. Once it happens whatever your doing is interrupted and freezes, this includes phone calls.

NO CABS OR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE FOR THREE DAYS, THE BACKUP THAT WAS MADE WITH SPB BACKUP DOES NOT RECTIFY THE ISSUE

headshokfatty, I'm am not completely new at customizing my phone, there is obviously a issue with my TP2, installing a couple of cabs that in-act minor changes, would not cause an issue to persist after a Hard Reset. BUT THANKS FOR COMING DOWN FROM YOUR HIGH HORSE TO REMINDER ME NOT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF A COMPANY THAT SOLD ME A $700.00 PHONE WITHOUT A CASE. PS Its called warranty

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 09-27-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Hero

freebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Confirmed. I have been using this feature for a while now with no problems at all. Maybe you have a hardware issue? Hope you find problem.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:08 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebie View Post
Confirmed. I have been using this feature for a while now with no problems at all. Maybe you have a hardware issue? Hope you find problem.
I've been checking everything I know. I'm gonna have to bring it back, didn't want to but this one is over my head
Old 09-27-2009, 07:23 PM
N00b

Well from your previous posts we had no idea if you had hard reset. So relax. Sometimes its necessary to state the obvious...
Old 09-27-2009, 07:37 PM
N00b

Here's another suggestion, dont spaz on me this time.

I thought about your symptoms after I posted the last msg and it sounds like you could have something in your USB port shorting out. All the video out software does is wait for 2 pins to short, then it knows the video cable is plugged in. Then it displays that popup you are getting.
Same goes for the headphones, if something was shorting it, that would disable the ear speaker (unless it was on speaker phone mode, then it'd use the back one), I'd think it would also display the headphone icon at the top, but that might require another connection.
Hence, pushing in a USB cable for pc connection might cause the short to go across to another pin, and then it thinks headphones are now plugged in.
Does active sync work when you plug in a usb cable?
What happens when you plug in the headset that came with the phone?

Try to blow out the usb port with a can of air.
Or power down the phone, take out the battery and use a toothpick or something small to dislodge anything, and clean out the port of any dust, lint etc...

Also before going in, be sure to check the moisture sensors, if you bring a phone in with those tripped they wont warranty it.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:00 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshokfatty View Post
Here's another suggestion, dont spaz on me this time.

I thought about your symptoms after I posted the last msg and it sounds like you could have something in your USB port shorting out. All the video out software does is wait for 2 pins to short, then it knows the video cable is plugged in. Then it displays that popup you are getting.
Same goes for the headphones, if something was shorting it, that would disable the ear speaker (unless it was on speaker phone mode, then it'd use the back one), I'd think it would also display the headphone icon at the top, but that might require another connection.
Hence, pushing in a USB cable for pc connection might cause the short to go across to another pin, and then it thinks headphones are now plugged in.
Does active sync work when you plug in a usb cable?
What happens when you plug in the headset that came with the phone?

Try to blow out the usb port with a can of air.
Or power down the phone, take out the battery and use a toothpick or something small to dislodge anything, and clean out the port of any dust, lint etc...

Also before going in, be sure to check the moisture sensors, if you bring a phone in with those tripped they wont warranty it.
Never thought of that, I'll check the usb port. The moisture sensor is still good though

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2