PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 04:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

sfetaz is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Calls disconnect when placing phone face down with screen off, even after hard reset

On my Verizon TP2, I shut off the screen and go to place the phone face down to use the automatic speakerphone feature. Everytime I attempt to do this, the call disconnects. I have hard reset and still occurs. I am certain the screen is off when placing the phone down. I do not believe it is the G-Sensor or accelometer because shaking the phone in any direction a lot does nothing, but as soon as I go to place it face down its disconnected.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:30 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel
Re: Calls disconnect when placing phone face down with screen off, even after hard re

Have you tried not shutting the screen off? I don't mess with the screen, it shuts itself off when I lay it face down ... then the speakerphone comes on and I continue talking.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 09-26-2009, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (Windows Mobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35166; U; en) Presto/2.2.1)

I was having the same problem, it turned out to be Gyrator 2.
Evidently by default it shuts the phone off when placed face down.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

obamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Calls disconnect when placing phone face down with screen off, even after hard re

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfetaz View Post
On my Verizon TP2, I shut off the screen and go to place the phone face down to use the automatic speakerphone feature. Everytime I attempt to do this, the call disconnects. I have hard reset and still occurs. I am certain the screen is off when placing the phone down. I do not believe it is the G-Sensor or accelometer because shaking the phone in any direction a lot does nothing, but as soon as I go to place it face down its disconnected.
i believe you meant to say the phone soft resets....
Old 09-30-2009, 05:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 (HTC Leo)
Carrier: T-Mobile

TRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TRUELIGHT Send a message via MSN to TRUELIGHT Send a message via Yahoo to TRUELIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfetaz View Post
I have recently discovered that my phone will disconnect from a call if I turn it over on it's face,
instead of going into speaker call and or conference mode, is there a setting that I am not familiar with or is there some way I can get that function back on my phone without a hard reset?

I think I found my own answer in All settings /Personal /Phone /Advanced /Turn speaker on when device is placed face down during a call/ DAM!!!!! HARD RESET TIME!!!!!! If I find out what took that function away I will inform!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget1 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (Windows Mobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35166; U; en) Presto/2.2.1)

I was having the same problem, it turned out to be Gyrator 2.
Evidently by default it shuts the phone off when placed face down.
After 3hr's of App's installs I also found it to be Gyrator2, I Also Did a Forum Search and found this Post from gadget1/
So I did a Sprite Restore, Remove Gyrator2 with (Add and Remove App's) Everything is all good now

Last edited by TRUELIGHT; 09-30-2009 at 05:55 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2