PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus
Boxwave screen protectors (and other products) now listed for Verizon TP2

As of today, the Verizon HTC TP2 page on Boxwave's site now lists screen protectors, and cases:
http://www.boxwave.com/products/easy...ories_3688.htm
However, the picture they show is of the Euro/GSM TP2 and it shows the same front facing camera cutout. I don't know if this is an oversight, or if they're not planning to make one specific to verizon and they're listing the same one as a result. It does say it's specific for the Verizon version though.

Oddly enough, the Sprint page does NOT list these accessories yet, and I would think it would be the same protector and cases for both versions. I'll update this when I hear back from them.

I have been waiting for one of their Anti Glare protectors since the phone came out and I got one.. they are the best protectors around for any device IMHO. I've had them on everything I own they make one for.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

NYC Guy is becoming a great contributor
Re: Boxwave screen protectors (and other products) now listed for Verizon TP2

Can anyone confirm the the template used to make the screen protector on both the Verizon & Sprint models will be exactly the same?
Old 09-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus View Post
As of today, the Verizon HTC TP2 page on Boxwave's site now lists screen protectors, and cases:
http://www.boxwave.com/products/easy...ories_3688.htm
However, the picture they show is of the Euro/GSM TP2 and it shows the same front facing camera cutout. I don't know if this is an oversight, or if they're not planning to make one specific to verizon and they're listing the same one as a result. It does say it's specific for the Verizon version though.

Oddly enough, the Sprint page does NOT list these accessories yet, and I would think it would be the same protector and cases for both versions. I'll update this when I hear back from them.

I have been waiting for one of their Anti Glare protectors since the phone came out and I got one.. they are the best protectors around for any device IMHO. I've had them on everything I own they make one for.

Thanks for this post. I realy like thier hard case options. Im just waiting for the Sprint Version. I thought that the VZW/ Sprint where the same but Im starting to think I might be wrong. Not sure though does any one know for sure?

Last edited by Improve; 09-24-2009 at 09:52 PM. Reason: http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-Sprint-Touch-Pro-2-Screen-Protector-Skin-Hard-Case_W0QQitemZ200384062401QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPDA_Access
Old 09-24-2009, 02:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus View Post
they are the best protectors around for any device IMHO. I've had them on everything I own they make one for.
I agree, those & the Brando (which are almost identical) are the best period.

~John
Old 09-24-2009, 02:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

kilthro is a n00b

should be the same.. I have the euro verison with the hole in the top right and it works perfectly.. well except for the hole up there. I didnt care though as i dont mess with that part of the screen anyways and i alway carry it in a case. Cant even tell it is on the phone. most ppl dont even know its there except for the O cut out.. lol

I just wasnt going to put the crapy one that came with the phone on there or use it without.. So I ordered the Euro versiona week before the sprint tp2 was released.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: soon to be touch pro 2
Carrier: VZW

leelai is a n00b

am i blind or are the screen protectors not there anymore?
Old 09-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: soon to be touch pro 2
Carrier: VZW

leelai is a n00b

er, nevermind found them
Old 09-24-2009, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

Ok, I got a hold of boxwave finally on the phone (425) 828-6641 for anyone else wondering and the very nice lady said that as of right now it appears the Verizon version IS the euro/gsm version and she's unsure of when they'll be making verizon specific one. She did take my name number and email though and said she'd get back to me. I'm going to wait till Monday and if they still haven't made one, i'll buy this euro one. One unprotected area that isn't even over the screen area is no big deal I guess.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well, I got this e-mail reply from Boxwave unfortunately:

Quote:
Dear James,

Thank you for your phone call!

I was able to contact our product manager and it appears we are currently providing the same screen protector for both the Verizon Touch Pro2 and the European version. We apologize for this inconvenience. The new screen protectors for the Verizon Touch Pro2 are currently in production and should be available in the next month or two. I have also entered your email into our product request system, so that you will be notified once these screen protectors become available.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Best Regards,

DeChi
BoxWave Corporation
www.boxwave.com
and this reply to the e-mail I sent:
Quote:
Dear BoxWave Customer,

Thank you for your product request!

We are currently developing our products for new models, so we appreciate your suggestion since we develop our products based on the number of requests we receive for a particular model.

We will let you know when the products does become available for your unit.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Best Regards,

Winkie
Boxwave Corporation
www.boxwave.com
Sooooo I'm just going to go ahead and order these anyways. The area that's unprotected isn't over the display, and there is a good chance that Seidio's case for this phone, if CDMA specific, will cover this portion anyways like it does on other phones.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

niteriderxp is becoming a great contributor

I can understand them selling the GSM screen protectors for the VTP2. The only difference is the camera hole.

However, I am not sure why they are selling the GSM cases for the VTP2. The back will not fit as the microphones have been slightly moved and an extra jack was added to the bottom. They're going to have some angry customers if they send out the GSM cases.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2