PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 01:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

Relax Preppy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
VZW TP2 Shuts Down Immediately On Startup!!

so i installed a bunch of cabs.. ics, wifi, enhanced d3d, no push internet, latest net framework, ssk tp2 dynamic, google maps, smaberg 12 button power down option... all those went fine soft resets in between etc.

then i decided i didnt want the smaberg 12 button option, id rather have the psShutupXP 3 button option. im new to winmo and i only deleted the cab and didnt remove it from the programs, and i installed psshutupxp. i did several soft resets after this with no problem.

then i noticed the uninstall programs in settings and i uninstalled the flashlight, and smaberg program. i then installed the no sms notification cab and sent a text and still got the popup. so i decided to do a soft reset... when i held the power button i got the standard shutting down unless i hit no.

well now when i try to power it up it gets to the green winmo 6.1 screen and then immediately pops up with the shutting down unless i hit no.

i was able to hit no and get back in and it gave me a typical windows error with an option to send a report in regards to a powerdown.exe i think. i then tried to remove psshutupxp from the add/remove and it says it didnt remove all of it and asks if id like to remove it from the list. no matter what i hit it stays in the list. if i try to run the cab again it says it cannot remove the older version.

now im unable to get the phone to power on!!
Old 09-24-2009, 01:46 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Relax Preppy is a n00b
Re: VZW TP2 Shuts Down Immediately On Startup!!

got back in... says problem has occured with poweroffwarning.exe
Old 09-24-2009, 01:47 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

This may be your only option-->

Hard reset
Hold down the end key till the device powers off, then hold volume down, send and end till you see blue text. Follow hard reset prompts.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 09-24-2009, 01:56 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Relax Preppy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
This may be your only option-->

Hard reset
Hold down the end key till the device powers off, then hold volume down, send and end till you see blue text. Follow hard reset prompts.
my gfs never gonna let me touch her phone again

i synced it to microsofts myphone, but i dont know how complete their backup is... anyone know if it includes settings like alarms and what not? or only contacts/calendars/texts/media files?
Old 09-24-2009, 02:07 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relax Preppy View Post
my gfs never gonna let me touch her phone again

i synced it to microsofts myphone, but i dont know how complete their backup is... anyone know if it includes settings like alarms and what not? or only contacts/calendars/texts/media files?
when you go into MyPhone got to Menu tab then options and theres a list of things you can backup.
But alarms isnt one of them.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:12 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped

Before you Hard Reset, you might try dropping this into your Windows directory.
Just unzip, then move the poweroffwarning.exe to your windows directory.
Overwrite if it asks.
You will have to use Resco file explorer of Total Commander to overwrite a ROM file
Attached Files
File Type: zip power.zip (3.2 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-24-2009, 02:15 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Relax Preppy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
Before you Hard Reset, you might try dropping this into your Windows directory.
Just unzip, then move the poweroffwarning.exe to your windows directory.
Overwrite if it asks.
You will have to use Resco file explorer of Total Commander to overwrite a ROM file
edit: nvm xp was hiding it as a system file

looking for total commander cab now

Last edited by Relax Preppy; 09-24-2009 at 02:23 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:24 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relax Preppy View Post
the zip just has an empty power dir in it...

looking for total commander cab now
Thats the poweroffwarning.exe from my phone, and as far as I know they havent changed. its worth a shot.
If you ment the folder is empty, you will have to go to tools/folder options/view tab and uncheck "Hide Protected Operating System Files" to be able to see it on your pc.
if you drop that folder into your phone and view it with Resco or TC you should be able to see it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:34 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Relax Preppy is a n00b

dropped it into windows... now when i hold power off it comes up with the box that looks like the sms sent notification and i have a yes no option with no other writing.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:34 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

go to settings>system>remove programs and remove the apps that control the shut down options, you said shutxp and something else, soft reset and see if that fixes it, before you go as far as a hard reset.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2