PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 01:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Keyboard backlight anomoly?

I just noticed that the keyboard backlight acts weird in the bright light. Certain keypresses, like the spacebar, makes it go off like an off switch, and others bring it back on again. However, even in low light, it stays on normally for how I have it set
Old 09-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work
Re: Keyboard backlight anomoly?

It has a light sensor to save battery. Keyboard backlight off in bright light/on in low light. You can turn it off in settings. Another new feature for the touch pro 2.
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:19 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbldwn02 View Post
It has a light sensor to save battery. Keyboard backlight off in bright light/on in low light. You can turn it off in settings. Another new feature for the touch pro 2.
I had shut off the keyboard backlight auto-sensor (it is NOT a new feature, though, the Mogul had it too, under Settings>Personal>Buttons>Backlight tab, the same place as on the TP2), but somehow it got checked again. I suppose as I was typing, my hand moves a little and must have covered/uncovered it randomly (not sure where it is, to test that theory)
Old 09-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I had shut off the keyboard backlight auto-sensor (it is NOT a new feature, though, the Mogul had it too, under Settings>Personal>Buttons>Backlight tab, the same place as on the TP2), but somehow it got checked again. I suppose as I was typing, my hand moves a little and must have covered/uncovered it randomly (not sure where it is, to test that theory)
Sorry, never had the mogul. I started wit the Touch -> Touch Pro -> TP2. I missed out on the backlight sensor feature.

So...it checks the box again? I just noticed that it had this feature yesterday. Pretty cool, but it's annoying when it does go on and off and on and off depending on which way you angle your phone during daylight operations.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

yeah that sounds annoying. another thing im doing first when i get the phone. turning that off!!! lol i actually like my keyboard to stay on the whole time i have the keyboard slid open
Old 09-23-2009, 03:17 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
totally off topic but helping ya seems useless, ya have thanked 3 times in 2 + years.... Dude, get that thanks button going.....
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:22 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
totally off topic but helping ya seems useless, ya have thanked 3 times in 2 + years.... Dude, get that thanks button going.....
I actually thank people with a post. I'm an old fashioned guy. When someone says something like you just did, I wonder if you're a kid who thinks the Thanks Count is some kind of contest, or badge of honor? I'll hit the Thanks button for you, though. Hope you feel better. I'll thank everyone else in a post.

Last edited by TheBundo; 09-23-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
I actually thank people with a post. I'm an old fashioned guy. When someone says something like you just did, I wonder if you're a kid who thinks the Thanks Count is some kind of contest, or badge of honor? I'll hit the Thanks button for you, though. Hope you feel better. I'll thank everyone else in a post.
right on! if somebody asks for it i hesitate to click it. if they actually help me i usually dont have to think twice to click the button.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:27 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

huh? Old fashioned? im just saying you know the drill, ya get helped ya hit thanks, its part if the fun in this forum, you may not like hitting it but Im sure alot of people would rather have a thanks then your old fashioned way....

and a kid? not likely. im 26 man, just saying ive noticed ya thanks history......

Thats it from me about that...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
huh? Old fashioned? im just saying you know the drill, ya get helped ya hit thanks, its part if the fun in this forum, you may not like hitting it but Im sure alot of people would rather have a thanks then your old fashioned way....

and a kid? not likely. im 26 man, just saying ive noticed ya thanks history......

Thats it from me about that...
No problem, just pointing out that there is another form of Thanks History, contained in the posts, more like speaking to people, personal-like. But I'll try to get with it (as I pull on my 30 year old boots)

Thanks
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2