PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

authenticsketch is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Phone + TEP = ?

Hey I found someone selling the touch pro 2 (not an authorized sprint seller) for a cheap price brand new. I want to know if i get it will it be covered under my 7.00 TEP plan and be able to replace it if it go haywire. and when i get it what steps to take if its possible......
Old 09-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: New Phone + TEP = ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by authenticsketch View Post
Hey I found someone selling the touch pro 2 (not an authorized sprint seller) for a cheap price brand new. I want to know if i get it will it be covered under my 7.00 TEP plan and be able to replace it if it go haywire. and when i get it what steps to take if its possible......

Very simple just call *2 and tell them you want to add tep to your number and that is it.All i ever do whatever phone you have on there takes over the tep.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Vapeguy is a n00b

I have the TEP service and bought a Palm 700wx off ebay awhile back. I activated it online and that was it. It was covered under the TEP. When I went to asurion's site to file a claim on the 700wx they had all my info for that phone. I say go for it!
Old 09-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

BillJr106 is keeping up the good workBillJr106 is keeping up the good work

So whats to stop us from selling and trading broken phones on ebay, connecting them, adding insurance, and getting a brand new one for cheap??? (( 100$ Asurion charge ))
Old 09-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I believe you need to have TEP for AT LEAST 30 days before you can even make a claim. That way it stops people from buying a broken phones and getting them fixed or replaced right away. Who wants a broken phone on their line for 30 days that you can't use?
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

BillJr106 is keeping up the good workBillJr106 is keeping up the good work

Someone who doesnt mind waiting 30 days to save 673.69 for buying a brand new off contract phone.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

Even broke phones are going for a pretty penny. Probably for this purpose. I though Asurion could only be added to new phones. Wouldn't make much business sense for them to do it this way.

Squaretrade is also another route to go. You have to have a receipt to get the cheaper price. It's only $67 (with the 30% discount they have going on today) vs $168 you would pay to sprint over 2 years. Plus the deductible is only $50 for Accidental Damage.

PM me for the 30% code if you want it. It's good for the first 1000 customers today only.
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

personally I just buy the phone and do an esn swap. I have NEVER had to renew TEP or anything like that. Last time I truly used TEP, I bought a treo 650 (several yrs ago) off craigslist and just did an esn swap and went bout my bidness. I did have to replace the phone but it was a couple of months after and had no problem doing it. Even with the phones I buy from sprint I haven't had to set TEP back up. If you do get the phone just go on the chat and "see" if its still on your account if so your good, if not pull it off your account put your old phone back on and tell then call and activate the phone but you shouldn't it should just "carry over"
Old 09-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I manage more than 40 lines for my office and most have TEP (if you knew my employees, you would know why). All I ever do is an ESN swap on the Sprint site (or the phone) and TEP automatically covers the new phone... AFTER the first 30 days.

Last edited by rainfreak; 09-22-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: my brain's spell checker had a glitch

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2