PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 08:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Mr_Sinister is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 Screen Scuffs too Easy!!!!

I've only had my TP2 for a week and while waiting for my case; I've been carrying phone in my pocket. I am very careful with my phone; always making sure there was no loose change or keys in my pocket with phone. Next thing I know, I have tiny scuff marks on the glass.

I cannot recall this happening on TP. Okay, I'm done venting. lol

Has this happened to others????
Old 09-21-2009, 08:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work
Re: TP2 Screen Scuffs too Easy!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Sinister View Post
I've only had my TP2 for a week and while waiting for my case; I've been carrying phone in my pocket. I am very careful with my phone; always making sure there was no loose change or keys in my pocket with phone. Next thing I know, I have tiny scuff marks on the glass.

I cannot recall this happening on TP. Okay, I'm done venting. lol

Has this happened to others????
Did you notice that Sprint included a screen protector in the box? It's small and clear, easy to overlook.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

$%&#@#!!! No, I did not notice the screen protector.

I have been paying the $7/month equipment replacement program charge. Does anyone know of a way that I could take advantage of this to get another phone?
Old 09-21-2009, 09:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I will probably be a refurbished phone correct? Is there a chance that the phone that they send as a replacement is marked up worse than what I currently have?

Thanks for the replies guys.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

If you put a screen protector on it will probably make the scuff invisible. Or it might make it twice as visible. Either way, it's worth a shot. Take a look in the box, manual, documents. There's a sweet screen protector in there.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:18 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

The deductible is $100 now.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 09-21-2009, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441

If you strike out with your carrier... try and polish it out yourself. It's not that hard if you use the right product/technique. I've cleaned up a handful of abused iPods and had great sucess with iCleaner. You can find it here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-player-a...-30565339.html

There's also a product called Applesause, as well as cleaners by Kensington and DLO.

None of them work great on deep scratches... but scuffs and light surface scratches buff right out. Just be sure to use a micofiber cloth when buffing/polishing as to not to create new scratches. Cover with a quality screen protector and move on.

Good luck, either way.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
I will probably be a refurbished phone correct? Is there a chance that the phone that they send as a replacement is marked up worse than what I currently have?

Thanks for the replies guys.
Well, like someone else said the ded. is now $100 but note that the phone is so new that there probably won't be any refurbs for a while.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just put the protector on, it will make it invisible. Wait for a real issue to spend the $100 for an insurance claim. And don't be a white-collar criminal, not a good thing. Insurance fraud at the level these things cost is a FELONY
Old 09-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
$%&#@#!!! No, I did not notice the screen protector.

I have been paying the $7/month equipment replacement program charge. Does anyone know of a way that I could take advantage of this to get another phone?
How could you not even notice that it didn't come with one? The very first thing I did was to look for the screen protector and apply it to the phone before I even turned it on.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2