PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 04:22 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Update for HTC Touch Pro2 for Caller ID Display 2009-09-16

If this hotfix was already posted here, sorry. I looked, didn't see it.

I have not yet tested it.
http://www.htc.com/www/SupportDownlo...at=0&dl_id=674

Update for HTC Touch Pro2 for Caller ID Display Release Date: 2009-09-16 Category: Hotfix

This update for the HTC Touch Pro2 lets you, your friends and loved ones become closer, making receiving calls as personal as greeting them in person.

Note:

This update can only be applied to ROM version 1.20.xxx.x, otherwise the update will fail.

Installation instructions
Follow the instructions below to download and install the update on your device:
  1. Make sure you have Microsoft ActiveSync® installed on your Windows XP PC or Windows Mobile Device Center on your Windows Vista® PC. You can find Microsoft ActiveSync from this link or Windows Mobile Device Center from this link.
  2. Connect and synchronize your device with your PC via Microsoft ActiveSync® or Windows Mobile Device Center using the USB cable.
  3. To download this update select the update below and the location closest to you then click Download.
  4. Copy the update, which is an .exe file, to your device. To install the update, tap the .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: If you perform a device hard reset, you will need to reinstall the update after the hard reset.
DOWNLOAD: To download this software, please follow the steps below:
1. Please select the file most suitable for your device : --Please Select-- Update for HTC Touch Pro2 for Caller ID Display 2. Please select a location closest to you: --Please Select-- HTC Europe HTC US HTC Asia

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by santod; 09-21-2009 at 05:51 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

notch8 is keeping up the good worknotch8 is keeping up the good work
Re: Update for HTC Touch Pro2 for Caller ID Display 2009-09-16

what does it do?
Old 09-21-2009, 07:56 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

i applied this to my verizon tp2 and i cannot see a change. when i recieve a call i see a picture that looks like the size it was before, and the slide to unlock answer/ignore and mute ring. anyone get different results?

i just noticed that my rom is 1.18.605.12
the update was successful, but i see that 1.2 is required.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO,TP2,Diamond

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff

I have Sprint... Rom 1.21.xxxx. Was not sure if I should install. Tried received and error "Incorrect Device This hotfix is not compatible with your device."

Maybe my version of the Rom does not have the problem.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

NYC Guy is becoming a great contributor

I believe that these "Hotfix" updates from HTC apply ONLY to their own GSM models not being sold by carriers that have a different ROM.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

railslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuff

sprint and verizons rom should be up to date from shipping.

Old 09-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO,TP2,Diamond

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff

According to HTC the patch is for the UNLOCKED version of the pro that comes directly from them. You should get any patches from your carrier..ex:Sprint, Verizon,Telus and NOT directly from HTC.

So I guess we don't need them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2