PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 Alltel
Carrier: Verizon

BauerPOWER is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I need a clear case for my Verizon Touch Pro 2

I bought one like this but the seller canceled the order saying that something was wrong with them and they did not fit properly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CLEAR-HARD-C...d=p3286.c0.m14

I really need one because it is only a matter of time until I drop it

Where can I get one?
Old 09-20-2009, 02:12 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!
Carrier: Sprint

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP
Re: I need a clear case for my Verizon Touch Pro 2

Well that is the one that I was going to refer you to. I don't know of any others...Let us know if you find anything

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
Old 09-20-2009, 03:47 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Yeah, that was the same one I was gonna suggest.

This is the only other one I've seen that states it is for Verizon TP2. http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-Touch-Pro-2-...3286.m20.l1116

However, again the picture is showing a GSM model with front camera hole. It also doesn't appear to fit quite right either? Hard to tell from pic. Maybe it is the same case as the one above?

I guess we'll just have to keep waiting for someone to make a proper case for our CDMA version of the TP2.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 09-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

04CiviC21 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Yeah, that was the same one I was gonna suggest.

This is the only other one I've seen that states it is for Verizon TP2. http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-Touch-Pro-2-...3286.m20.l1116

However, again the picture is showing a GSM model with front camera hole. It also doesn't appear to fit quite right either? Hard to tell from pic. Maybe it is the same case as the one above?

I guess we'll just have to keep waiting for someone to make a proper case for our CDMA version of the TP2.
It appears they have it on a piece of cardboard representing a TP2, not even the real phone
Old 09-20-2009, 06:35 PM
"MODS"

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Funny you should say that. I saw a dummy Verizon TP2 phone that looks real for $25.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-VERIZON-HTC-...d=p3286.c0.m14

Also a T-Mobile dummy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Dummy-...d=p3286.c0.m14
Old 09-22-2009, 01:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2

Zap! is becoming a great contributor

Any updates? I need a condom for my TP2 badly!
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3924/signaturekny.png
Old 09-22-2009, 02:45 AM
"MODS"

This is the only one I've seen that says it is for Verizon/Telus model and has been mentioned before I believe.

The hole it shows, is actually on the opposite side from where the GSM camera is located. The hole is actually to allow more sound out from the earpiece, from what I was told. I do not have this case and can not confirm the fit. Although, if I really wanted a hard case, I would probably just risk the $9.00 and find out. Also, you could contact the seller and ask them about it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also here are a couple other options:

Not exactly what everyone is probably looking for. However this would protect all models of this phone, while transporting or not in use. I know, not the same as a good case that it can live in always. Since most dropsies happen while handling it and using it, I guess.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-Touch-Diamon...d=p3286.c0.m14

or this one:

]http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-HTC-Touch-Pro-2-T7373-Carry-Velvet-Case-T07_W0QQitemZ270448493895QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPDA_Ac cessories?hash=item3ef7fc8547&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Last edited by santod; 09-22-2009 at 02:56 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

niteriderxp is becoming a great contributor

Hi,

Yeah, I ordered the same case as the OP from a different seller.
The seller told me that it did not fit properly due to manufacturer error.
I got it for $6, the seller gave me a $2 discount, so for $4 its a good temporary solution.

Apparently, the manufacturer labeled the GSM case as fitting the CDMA phone.
I also found this website which google pulled up when I entered the cases model number.
http://www.bjcell.com/category.asp?catid=615
They list a CDMA case, which has a different model number though. Wonder if they finally fixed the error?

So here are the problems with the case on eBay:
1. There is a camera hole on the top right side, not to be confused with the Telus case which has it on the left side (have no idea why).
2. The side speakerphone microphone is totally covered. The bottom speakerphone microphone is half covered.
3. The bottom half of the case needs to be dremeled down to allow for the extra 3.5mm port to fit.
4. Even after modifications to the case, it does not fit snugly enough to securely clip the bottom of the bottom half of the case to the phone. The top and two side clips attach though, so the cover will not fall off.

There is a case that will fit the CDMA phones that is sold through Telus. Unfortunately, other than driving to Vancouver, BC I am not sure how to obtain them.

As to the sellers that have not de-listed the cases that plainly do not fit, shame on them.

Thanks,
Nite Rider
Old 09-22-2009, 07:05 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I dont know if the sprint and verizon versions are the same shape but here is one for sprint. http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?p...35469&cat=4460
Old 09-22-2009, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

htcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thumbs up Re: I need a clear case for my Verizon Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerPOWER View Post
I bought one like this but the seller canceled the order saying that something was wrong with them and they did not fit properly.

I really need one because it is only a matter of time until I drop it

Where can I get one?
Good afternoon,
I bought this one as well as the black version from NakedCellPhone on Ebay and I love it personally.
cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CLEAR-HARD-COVER-CASE-FOR-TELUS-TOUCH-PRO-2-PHONE_W0QQitemZ300342594652QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPDA_ Accessories?hash=item45edd04c5c&_trksid=p4634.c0.m 14

I also have Ghost Armor as my screen protector on my TP2 and I Love it just as much. I chose to go with this 2 piece skin from EBAY as the overall case and I have not regretted my decision for a second.

My husband accidentally knocked my phone out of my hand while we were in Lowes shopping. It fell on to hard concrete and it was in this case with the Ghost Armor screen protector and it had no scratches or issues at all afterwards. The case had no scratches either. The case totally protected it 100%. As for as the feel of it on the screen it is very responsive and slick to the touch as least to me. No complaints at all. And to top it off Ghost Armor accidentally sent me the GSM version and told me to keep it as a gift for their mistake.

So I have not put the actual Verizon scren protector version on my TP2 as of yet because this one worked so well I saw no need to right away. The only difference was the hole at the top which was hidden behind the skin so it worked out that I basically got 2 screen protectors for the price of one. So I for one am very pleased with the case and the screen protector.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2