PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 01:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pandora for Touch Pro2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Some of the settings like shut off data in X number of seconds etc where designed for GSM phones & will mess up a CDMA phone so you can't answer an incoming call. You can fix this with a simple regedit.

I was very hesitant to install AC myself, but I could not get Pandora to play a song to the end so I finally decided to try it again (I used to use it in my TouchPro's). AC fixed the problem & caused no other problems at all, but all I did was change the network setting for Pandora & left everything else alone.

One thing you definitely do not want to do is hit the load setup defaults (or something like that) is AC. That will definitely cause problems.

I agree with other posters that we should be able to do a regedit or something to get Pandora working without installing AC, but I have never been able to figure out exactly how to do it.

If anybody does know how to do this, please post the fix.......

~John
All we really need to do is dump the registry before and after, and compare to see what changed.

I haven't had the time to do this myself, but should be pretty simple.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP 2

yazyazoo is just getting started

Have any of you tried using this in the car thru a Aux input. I did and the quality is terrible. Is there someway to make the bitrate and loudness better?
Old 01-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ATT HTC TILT2
Carrier: att

HTC FORTRESS WM6.5 is a n00b

Seems the one named pandora cab. 788.6 kb worked fine on my tp2 thanks
Old 01-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Lurker

From what I experienced its output cannot be amplified through aux input. This is obvious when you try to turn up the volume on your audio system. All audio output via aux (3.5mm jack) is fixed to the system volume on the playback device. In other words its for headphones not audio systems .. Sorry. What we need is a mini USB to USB With the proper firmware on the other end that can accept streaming. My car stereo does not recognize the ppc as an Ipod only as an external drive.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Lurker

Thumbs up Re: Pandora for Touch Pro2?

Heres the one that worked for me.
Attached Files
File Type: cab pandora.cab (788.6 KB, 106 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-04-2010, 05:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

obamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC FORTRESS WM6.5 View Post
From what I experienced its output cannot be amplified through aux input. This is obvious when you try to turn up the volume on your audio system. All audio output via aux (3.5mm jack) is fixed to the system volume on the playback device. In other words its for headphones not audio systems .. Sorry. What we need is a mini USB to USB With the proper firmware on the other end that can accept streaming. My car stereo does not recognize the ppc as an Ipod only as an external drive.
umm.. the volume knob on my radio worked just fine to control the loudness from the aux input...
Old 01-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2 & Evo =)
Carrier: Sprint!

boodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to boodaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC FORTRESS WM6.5 View Post
I keep my phone plugged in through the 3.5 jack, and bump my library through Manila? through Sirius? and they sound great, so its not everything, and i got a hell of a system lol

Just hit the THANKS for me being........well, me...

Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen v1.6 R3 Mirror
Old 01-05-2010, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP 2

yazyazoo is just getting started

I agree. I use Groovefish and the Audio Player built into the TP2. They sound fine. However once I try Pandora, the quality sucks and sounds so low. I wish an official Pandora app would come for the TP2 with higher bitrate. I would even pay for it.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2 & Evo =)
Carrier: Sprint!

boodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to boodaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazyazoo View Post
I agree. I use Groovefish and the Audio Player built into the TP2. They sound fine. However once I try Pandora, the quality sucks and sounds so low. I wish an official Pandora app would come for the TP2 with higher bitrate. I would even pay for it.
dittto, i would def pay for a solid Pandora
Old 01-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Lurker

Does anyone know what the sampling rate is? And just to clarify this topic has nothing to do with playing stored files... we are streaming out via usb to 3.5 mm adapter

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
pandora, touch pro2