PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
1st TP2 has issues, 2nd TP2 on the way.

It started yesterday when using the phone in Landscape mode with the screen tilted and it went into shutdown. I tried to reboot and it made it to "TF3D Launching" and then went right back into shutdown. Ihad just installed an HD walls cab and thought that was it but after uninstalling all of the wallpaper cabs it still went into repeated shutdowns. When I say Shutdowns I mean it looks like you hit the end key to shut it down and the White Box that gives you a chance to say no pops up. When I got home I cleared storage and it went into shutdown mode again right after it cleared everything and was attempting to get to the desktop. I had to be quick and hit the No really fast so it wouldn't shut down. It made it all night on the charger and this morning I went to use it and as soon as I slid open the Keyboard and tilted the screen it went into shutdown. It appears to maybe be a ribbon issue connecting the screen to the device. Customer Support is sending a brand new one out and should be here by Monday. It also acts like maybe a stuck end key. It happened the first time when I was attempting to Zoom in on the web page while tilted. Even if I bumped the end key that shouldn't have caused it. Plus the repeated shutdowns was while the keyboard was closed. Strange.

Edit=Red

Last edited by Tech Addiction; 09-18-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380
Carrier: Project Fi

marctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 1st TP2 has issues, 2nd TP2 on the way.

i had the same issue on the sprint version (ordered on launch and have had it since september 7th) it would constantly go into a reboot cycle. it would not even make it to the sprint animation.. it would show the HTC Touch PRO 2 screen and version number then it would go black. the last thing i installed was something dealing with the home screen... anyway i called into sprint and they sent out a NIB one that day (of course) and i have not had the issue with this one although i didnt install a lot of hacks this time.

i also want using the slide out keyboard when this happened. i went to sleep and i right before i went to sleep i saw the LED light blinking orange like twice a second.. i didnt think much of it and when i woke up the next morning it was going thru the reboot...

ooh i had installed the htc wifi cab and got the "doesn't work with the comm manager.." error. went to uninstall. then a short while later BOOM! reboot city...

Last edited by marctronixx; 09-18-2009 at 09:11 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2