PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21
Random times showing up on text messages

Hey I have the Sprint TP2 and I've been noticing that every once and a while the time of a text message i get will be hours off. Like I was texting a friend around 10am and then when she responded it said 1pm so then that conversation thread stays at the top of my conversations until 1pm comes and it's not a big issue but it's kind of annoying. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 09-18-2009, 12:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

junkzm3 is just getting started
Re: Random times showing up on text messages

I had an issue like that once on my mogul when my clock settings weren't correct, check to make sure all of that is okay.

On the topic, I have an issue where sms messages don't stack correctly in order;
Sender (Today 12:43): blah
Me (Today 12:44): blah blah
Sender (Today 12:45): etc
Sender (Today 12:44): etc...
Sender (Today 12:45): blah
Old 09-18-2009, 01:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

If it isn't your clock that's messed up, it could be that the sender's clock isn't setup properly
Old 09-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
If it isn't your clock that's messed up, it could be that the sender's clock isn't setup properly
It does it on texts from multiple different people, so it's not the same person each time.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:10 AM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

I'm having this issue with the TP2 more than ever. I would get it once in a blue moon with my TP, however, I'm now getting at least half my texts (doesn't matter the time of day) 3 hours late.

I have played with the time zone and network sync settings, but nothing is working.

I have tried adding the registry entry for Time Zone (can't remember where it is right now).

Am I the only one with this issue?

Old 10-06-2009, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

bmrisko is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
I'm having this issue with the TP2 more than ever. I would get it once in a blue moon with my TP, however, I'm now getting at least half my texts (doesn't matter the time of day) 3 hours late.

I have played with the time zone and network sync settings, but nothing is working.

I have tried adding the registry entry for Time Zone (can't remember where it is right now).

Am I the only one with this issue?
I have this issue as well...seems to be no rhyme or reason since it happens at different times and with different people. It will be 6:00 and everything going well and then all of a sudden the next text says 9:00...very weird and frustrating b/c then it throws off the text sequence.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You guys should try sending yourself 10 messages right in a row:

If you get all of them you will see Sprint has a real issue getting messages delivered in order and on time. This has been an ongoing issue with them for years, and it makes it difficult to have a conversation with someone where you are both quick texters.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:37 PM
The GrooGrux King

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
You guys should try sending yourself 10 messages right in a row:

If you get all of them you will see Sprint has a real issue getting messages delivered in order and on time. This has been an ongoing issue with them for years, and it makes it difficult to have a conversation with someone where you are both quick texters.
I've never had issues receiving the message correctly and on time, just the time stamp.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well consider yourself lucky. I just ordered a Sprint Touch Pro 2, and received it yesterday. I thought things might be different this time, but I've been heavily testing the text messaging in the past 24 hours, and their text messaging seems as whacky as every. The test I ran above resulted in this:

1, 3, 6, 2, 4, 7, 9, 5, 8, 10, 2, 2, 2. and it took 5 minutes for all of that to come through. Ran that test between AT&T > Sprint, Verizon > Sprint, Sprint > Sprint with similar results across the board. When I ran the same test on my Verizon TP2, it worked every single time.

So much for cutting my phone bill down $50 a month.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:46 PM
The GrooGrux King

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Well consider yourself lucky. I just ordered a Sprint Touch Pro 2, and received it yesterday. I thought things might be different this time, but I've been heavily testing the text messaging in the past 24 hours, and their text messaging seems as whacky as every. The test I ran above resulted in this:

1, 3, 6, 2, 4, 7, 9, 5, 8, 10, 2, 2, 2. and it took 5 minutes for all of that to come through. Ran that test between AT&T > Sprint, Verizon > Sprint, Sprint > Sprint with similar results across the board. When I ran the same test on my Verizon TP2, it worked every single time.

So much for cutting my phone bill down $50 a month.
That sucks. I'm a little peeved that this is going on. I'd have the issue MAYBE once every few months with my TP and this has been happening out of the box on several occasions over the past few days.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2