PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

livejazz is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Searching Contacts by Phone Number

I have never started a thread before, so I thought this subject would be a worthy space-taker.

Does anyone remember when we were able to search our contacts for phone numbers. I have a few thousand contacts and it was convenient to type an area code in the search window for sales calls once I would arrive into that area code. Is it an option that I am missing or did it just go away? Does anyone know of a good contact client that will do this? Thanks for the input. Wow! It feels really cool to start a thread!

matt
Old 09-17-2009, 08:16 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: Searching Contacts by Phone Number

My phone currently does this by default. Are you sure you haven't installed something that makes it operate differently?

Last edited by freeza; 09-17-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
My phone currently does this by default. Are you sure you haven't installed something that makes it operate differently?

Totally stock (so far), but not talking about the phone app, rather the default Windows "Contacts" app. kindof nice on the phone app, but you can see more and a little easier to navigate with the Windows Mobile Contacts. Good point, though, re: the phone app.

matt
Old 09-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

it searches by contacts name already
but doesnt it search by number then if it cant find the number it goes by letters???
EDIT::::::::::::::::::::!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
it searches by letters first.
but if you do (area code)first 3 then it will search by numbers. i just tried it.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yup. I did that on the phone app, but still miss the Windows Contacts Number search. Maybe I'm just being old fashioned, but I tend not to be. There was something better about doing the number search in the contacts app.

matt
Old 09-17-2009, 08:48 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by livejazz View Post
Totally stock (so far), but not talking about the phone app, rather the default Windows "Contacts" app. kindof nice on the phone app, but you can see more and a little easier to navigate with the Windows Mobile Contacts. Good point, though, re: the phone app.

matt

Oh I get what you mean.... For some reason I was able to type in numbers to search for contacts when text messaging on my diamond/touch pro, but on the tp2 it rarely works..
Old 09-17-2009, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

That is a cool thing. I like the "To:" help in Pocket Outlook. really kind of amazing. I will start tying a name that begins with something later on in the alphabet like w or something and it takes the contact app forever to get to it, but if I do it in a text message or email its immediate. I like that, but still mis the area code searches in the contacts app. Maybe I just need to call Bill up and ask him to put it back in...

matt
Old 09-17-2009, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

kdonahue is becoming a great contributor

You can also open the keyboard and start entering a number then hit the little address card icon to the right of the name. If you scroll down and hit more it opens the contact.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdonahue View Post
You can also open the keyboard and start entering a number then hit the little address card icon to the right of the name. If you scroll down and hit more it opens the contact.
Would that be from the phone app or the contacts app?

matt
Old 09-20-2009, 11:19 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

phone app

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
area code, contacts, phone number, search