PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any forseeable issue's with this charger?

I recently acquired a second Touch Pro2 battery over a messy return with Verizon. I need another method to charge it, and I found this cheap wall charger on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/USB-Wall-Battery-...d=p3286.c0.m14

Do you think I would have any issues with it, i.e would it ruin the battery, start a fire, explode etc.?
Old 09-16-2009, 09:58 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Any forseeable issue's with this charger?

I have no idea but for $6 I would say try and it and let us know. Hell, I might buy one myself in the morning (need my company credit card.... knew I shouldn't have left it at work).
Old 09-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

i got a similar one for the tp and had good results with it...came in handy and always kept me with a charged spare battery if needed...now to find an oem battery!

Old 09-16-2009, 10:14 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
i got a similar one for the tp and had good results with it...came in handy and always kept me with a charged spare battery if needed...now to find an oem battery!

http://www.amazon.com/HTC-Li-Ion-Bat...3153651&sr=8-2
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:17 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

should be fine man, just doesnt have a name brand on it. Its all about the name. I use a laptop charger bought from ebay for less than $10 shipped...it works perfect!! I used plenty different chargers, wall and car, with my TP

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
Old 09-16-2009, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: AllTel HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

DMWagner is becoming a great contributor

I had a friend that bought 3 Dell laptop power supplies from a Hong Kong vendor on Ebay. All three of them died within a few months of starting to use them.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:23 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 11:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 Customized
Carrier: SPRINT

dallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good work

i could of sworn i answered this post maybe not....This charger sucks....It will take you forever to charge you batteries, also order two..They are not tightly made...My first one for my diamond broke in a week the other one i still have i just charge the battery over night "a long night".Other than that "yes it does work" and its only $5 and will take a week to receive. Order it maybe quality has changed.

Oh the OEM batteries can be found from alot of vendors. Google BA S390

Last edited by dallastx; 09-16-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Had my friend order one for me, will definitely report back. Yes Dallas, you did post about this charger which is somewhat the reason that I started this thread, I wanted more opinions, although certainly not to diminish yours. I figure if it doesn't work then I'm out, what, 6 bucks? It's worth a shot IMO.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Got the charger in yesterday. Took about a week and a half. Very cheap and cheesy box that it comes in, tons of improper grammar and spelling errors. I had it charge a fully dead battery last night. Plugged it in at 8pm and when I went to bed at 1am it was still charging, so I left it. I woke up during the night, around 4am I think, and saw it was done charging so I unplugged it. I haven't used the battery to see if it is indeed fully charged, but so far it seems to work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2